“Bed Bugs”

Quality Inn & Suites Romulus
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed January 24, 2011

The girl at the front desk was very friendly and courteous. The breakfast was a little disappointing, especially with a big photo of a waffle at the breakfast counter and no waffles included in the breakfast. The roof was fairly clean and aside from the airport, it was quiet.

BEfore we left in the morning, we found a bed bug crawling on the wall in the bathroom. We killed it and identified it by looking it up on the internet. We checked out mattresses and did not find any bed bugs waste, larvae or bed bugs. We didn't have any bites. Hopefully we didn't bring any home with us in our luggage or coats. Time will tell. We never mentioned it to the hotel staff.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ontario_traveller12

Reviewed December 21, 2010

The hotel is a scam job waiting to steal your car and hold it hostage. They have it impounded and want "CASH ONLY" to get it out. First charge, $80 hook up, $150 tow charge, $40 impound charge (per DAY!) Left the car there Wednesday night and was towed Friday, was call on Saturday. Was told to sent $350 to get car out of impoundment and "Sunny" would take care of everything. HE WAS SUPOSE TO TAKE IT TO A SECURE LOT UPON RECEIVING THE KEYS !!!! This place is extorting money from its customers !
Was told 10 other cars where towed the same night. Spent my whole vacation learning the law to get my car out. DO NOT TRUST THIS PLACE !!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ksieggreen
Reviewed December 12, 2010

We left our car at the hotel for 28 days. they moved it (I don't know where or how often) when I came back there was a dent in the rear Hatch. I told the manager at the time of pick up for we noticed it immediatly. He gave me a phone # to call, I have tried this number dozens of times all I get is a voice mail account with which I leave my name and number. I have emailed the manager and after one of the emails I got a call from the person I was trying to call, he said email him the pictures and an estimate. Which I did. I still can't get him on the phone and he doesn't answer emails. the manager has emailed me that he has emailed him also.so I figure the only time they may fix a car is if they total it or is undrivable.Not pleased at all.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rvan032
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Flight was cancelled at Detroit airport. Delta put me up in the Quality Inn & Suites Romulus (AKA Quality Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport). The place was a hole. 15 minutes after I went to sleep I felt something crawling on my feet. Lights on... bed bugs so big they looked like ticks! Nasty. I showered, packed-up my stuff, (bagged my night clothes), and head to the Days Inn next door. The Days Inn was also a hole - but not as nasty as the Quality Inn. Looks like same owner - but I'm only guessing. Save yourself from a bunch of bed-bugs and stay at a different place. Don't stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank frequentraveler16415
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I woke up and found 2bed bugs in the bed. When I showed the bugs to the front desk clerk she acted surprised, but was unprepared to offer suggestions to guarantee my luggage was infested. I ended up leaving my stuff behind.
After my business meeting, I called the manager to seek recommendations to disinfect my computer bag and contents. Mr. Qurashi was nonchalant and at first accused me of not having stayed at the hotel. His only suggestion was to put my computer in the dryer and run on high heat. Obviously he was uninformed and in denial.
No Quality at this Inn.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank ohiosaltman
Reviewed October 31, 2010

My husband and I left for our Honeymoon in August 2010. Upon arrival it was extremely busy and we were unable to find a empty parking spot and had eventually taken one from a family that was returning from the Airport along the far end of the lot. We asked upon check in if we were parked in the right spot and were told by the employee behind the desk that we were fine. When we woke up to catch the bus for the airport in the morning we asked another employee behind the desk to double check where we parked and he said that we again were parked in the right spot. Now, we were told "if we don't leave our keys we were held responsible for our car and if we do the hotel is held responsible". We thought this meant we were responsible for damage. So, we took our keys. Upon arrival back to the hotel 10 days later at 1:30am we came back to no car. Turns out there is a vacant Denny's in the front of the parking lot (Which is attached to the hotel) and they are trying to lease the building. The guy who is trying to lease the building had all the cars in that lot towed and baracaded off the lot (where our car was). When we asked the guy at the desk where our car was he stated he didn't know. When the manager was called (who was very rude) he said "Go find the number outside for the towing information, you didn't leave your keys so you'll be paying to have your car taken out of the lot". So, my husband being very upset had argued the fact that we had to pay for the car to get out of the impound lot and the manager proceeded to say "Are you done yet?" (very very poor customer service). Needless to say we had to call the Police to find out where my car was by tracking my license plates. I had to have my family member from Ontario come over and pick us up on the Sunday because the lot was closed until the Monday and we had to have someone drive us back to get our car out that Monday. Which cost us $500 US....We have talked to park and fly, choice hotels and the quality inn and suites manager and have not recieved any money or sympathy back. We have told everyone we know and anyone we know that we will never ever stay at a Choice Hotel chain of hotels ever again. They have the worst customer service and this particular hotel was by far the worst hotel we have ever delt with. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katiedub83
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Well, for ~$50 what do you expect? This hotel has an excellent location at the airport, and the noise was actually not bad. The front desk person on check in was friendly and very helpful. Negatives: the place needs some basic maintenance (evidence of 'fixes' in the bathroom, rather than actual re-doing); the early morning staff person clearly did not want to be there (we left at 5 am for a flight); the shuttle service is IFFY--be careful. We asked to be picked up where we dropped off our rental car and, after two calls to the hotel to get action, we finally just walked back. Then in the am the van filled up at our hotel, and could not pick up the folks waiting at the next spot, had to call another van. They need to work on this van service!!!
All in all, though, it was a reasonable night's stay for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple