“Great experience!”

Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Houghton Lake, Michigan
“Great experience!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the night of Nov. 21st, leaving my car there for several days while in Florida. I was concerned about leaving my very expensive hunting equipment in the car that I would need upon my return. The desk manager offered to lock my equipment in the manager's office until I returned. Everybody from the desk clerk to the hotel manager were extremely friendly and helpful. I will use this hotel every time I fly out of state.

Room Tip: After making my reservations on line I call the hotel directly and request certain rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 818Hunter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The rooms are very nice and the breakfast is good....but the staff and service is over the top. The shuttle service to the airport was excellent and friendly and Gallia on the front desk should be at 5 star Four Seasons. John....thanks for your help with my car....we got home...not sure how...but your service was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank thetraveller1122
Lexington, KY
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stranded here after a cancelled flight. Working for an upscale hotel chain, I rarely stay in limited service hotels. I chose this one due to price and proximaty to the airport - even though Delta was trying to put me accross town. I was NOT disappointed one bit. The night manager was over the top friendly and accomodating at check in. Rooms were average, but very clean. Nice shuttle service. I left my sweatshirt there and Krista mailed it back to me. She even followed up to let me know she sent it. When I called back a few days later to get a copy of my folio, she remembered me right off the bat! I was very impressed with this hotel for what I paid - and the service just made it even better. Will definitely stay here again if I am ever stranded in Detroit again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank LexVegasKY
Southgate, Michigan
Reviewed November 3, 2013

"Quality" and "Price" went hand-in-hand with this nine day stay. The staff and its employees were great. Their everyday smiles and "Good Morning" where genuine; it challenged any high price hotel in the Metro Airport area. I will certainly make them my choice next time. Comfort and clean is what we all expect; and again the "price" was great.........rick m.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor North side; but I'm sure that any room you are assigned too will be...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank redfox996574
Lebanon, OH
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is an older property. It is clean and the staff is glowingly nice. I asked for pizza suggestions and she said Cottage Inn. Good choice, I have had it in Ann Arbor. It is not the Taj Mahal but for the price it is well worth it. Nothing special except the service. Only weird thing was the breakfast closed at 9 am.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joby1only
Mt Pleasant
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Quality Inn wasn't exactly a 5 star hotel. The check in clerk was though. I have never met anyone in a greeting capacity who was greater than our check in clerk was. Her outlook in life was outstanding.
The parking expense of leaving a vehicle for two weeks actually was covered by the hotel bill. So parking was actually free.
The room was absolutely ok and I would stay again and would suggest the hotel to anyone who needed a night to stay with parking. This hotel was a great experience. It's average but the service is outstanding

Room Tip: No opinion
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane S
London, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed in this hotel before and after flying out from Detroit airport. We paid $100 for each night and the 2 wk car parking was included. The beds and pillows are incredibly comfortable. The staff went out of their way to make our stay easy and pleasant; assisting us to switch days and adjusting our charges with zero hassle and a bright smile (thanks Paige!) Our luggage was lost upon return and they provided us with toiletries to freshen up. Breakfast is included and is hot; not always the case in other hotels. there is also a shuttle to and from the airport. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family