“Average airport flop, though a little scary”

Quality Inn & Suites Romulus
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Duluth, Minnesota
“Average airport flop, though a little scary”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The goal in life for this hotel is to be a (cheap) flop for travelers staying over to deal with DTW airport. Its old. The rooms are old. The breakfast is cereal. Service is OK. Rates are low. What do you want for the rate you pay this close to the airport? The night I stayed they must have booked a dump truck convention because literally half the parking was filled with dump trucks taking up 8 spots each. Besides feeling disrespected that the management allowed this to happen, I felt scared for my live navigating the back end of a poorly lit parking lot in Detroit with my bags of stuff that I needed inside the room. Will try a different low cost airport hotel next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Chandler AZ
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a great hotel with a staff that is on point for all of your needs,
Very clean, great breakfast, on time airport shuttle, and a great fitness room.
The manager Heather Davis asked if there was anything I needed twice a day to ensure my stay was pleasant, they allowed me the privacy I needed to perform my daily work but were never out of reach if I did need something,
This was my second stay at the hotel and I was welcomed when I arrived like I was a old friend of the hotel, the staff was the best part, so friendly and so aware of my needs.
Any future trips to Detroit Airport for myself or anyone from my company I know where to go or send them
Best deal and the best room, in Romulus
Michael/Certifleet

Room Tip: Ask to speak with Heather the manager, on point service my entire stay
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Romulus
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have dealt with the Quality Inn now for sometime located in Romulus Michigan, but this time was different for me because I took advantage of their Park and Fly program. I knew a little about it before, but the girls at the front desk made it so easy to understand and how it worked. I did not hesitate leaving my vehicle one bit knowing that it would be taken care of and would be placed in a very secure location. People tend to get a little nervous about their car and where it goes when they leave for a trip, but after I signed up for the program, I knew the Hotel would take care of me like they have always have done in the past. There was no worry what-so-ever!!! On another note...I have never seen before in my life, and I have stayed in many hotels, the aggressive work that is being done to this hotel. Every room has brand new bathroom counters and sinks which are fantastic looking, and now they have started to wallpaper the bathrooms also. The General Manager Heather Davis, has made this Hotel her top priority. She works endlessly on trying to upgrade this property, she works endlessly on customer satisfaction. If it is not right, her staff will make it right. This is the place to stay whether you park and fly or visiting Detroit itself!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MarkRomulus
Inkster
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My stay here at Quality-Inn has always been the best . No matter where in the world i may travel it will always be here. The staff is warm hearted and always friendly with smiles they are the best. I will like to give a special thanks to Chelsea that worked midnight shift at about 1:30am in the morning she was very helpful smiling and very courtesy on April 5, 2013.

Room Tip: The suites here are fabulous and luxury.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Neptune City, New Jersey
Reviewed March 30, 2013

As a result of Hurricane Sandy 10/2012 we were unable to land at Newark, NJ. The staff here greeted us with smiles, understanding and courtesy that lasted for our entire 3 day stay. We called Krista (front desk) "The Octopus". She literally did 8 things at once with a cheerful demeanor for each person she dealt with. The entire staff was the same. One staff member made an 80th birthday cake for a NY gentleman -also stranded- who would be unable to celebrate with his family at home. The staff called guests to come to the lobby and share in the festivities. It became obvious this is who they are ...everyday! Just wonderful folks. If I were back in Detroit, I'd stop to say "Hi. Enjoyed my stay."

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Brantford
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The girl at check-in with the wild long dark hair was one of the friendlyest I have met in that industry. The deal with the car park for a week+ was great. Rooms older but clean. Breakfast good and quick.Shuttle rides fast and smooth.I didn't check if they had a pool

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Curitiba
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel, no more than 5 minutes from DTW airport, beside rental car yard, easy to reach I-94. Big rooms (a bit out-dated) with 2 comfy big beds. Parking lot with limited space. Very nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2013