“Amazing Guest Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Amazing Guest Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

I had booked my husband into a plethora of hotels that looked good on line, but were sadly lacking in person. By the time I got to getting him a room at this hotel, I was a bit frazzled. Christa at the front desk was extremely nice, and friendly, she put me at ease about the area and hotel and made my day much brighter! My husband checked in and we were SO happy to see the room was beautiful! Hotel 100%, Customer service (Christa) 100%, Overall stay 100%!! I appreciate this hotel and the ease and comfort it offered!

Room Tip: Talk to Christa! She's amazing!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Debra W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Lindsay Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

The only redeeming thing about this place was that it was cheap. I got a one night stay here on March 17 that included parking and a free shuttle for 11 days for just $99.

The shuttle this place offers only runs every 1/2 hour and when our flight came in, we waited more than 45 minutes. Of course there are signs encouraging everyone to tip posted everywhere inside the "shuttle" that only seats 8 people including the driver.

The hallways and rooms were ridiculously hot. The air conditioner in the room worked well, but was too loud and only came on after the temperature hit 85 degrees. This tended to wake everyone in the room up every 90 minutes, and dried the air so much that we were all dying of thirst everytime the AC came on.

Our room wasn't even clean when we arrived. It's a good thing I was wearing slippers, because I stepped on a piece of chewing gum that ended up stretching out all over their gross carpet. Since no one in my family was chewing gum at the time, it was either left behind by the previous guest and the maid didn't clean it up, or the maid spit it onto the floor herself.

The worst was the free breakfast offered in the morning. They claim that they offer a free breakfast that runs from 5:00am (who gets up that early?) until 9:00am. We were at the breakfast room shortly after 8:00am and almost everything was gone. There are at least 12 tables set up for breakfast. When I asked the person who looked to be in charge of the breakfast if more eggs, sausage and waffle batter could be brought out, she shook her head no, and was not willing to prepare more. Right around this time, at least 10 more people showed up, all looking to get some breakfast. They were all told no. We were given some lame excuse about how they underestimated occupancy and didn't get enough breakfast supplies in. What a joke. We weren't all walk ins.

There was a business man there who had booked several rooms and demanded to speak to the manager. Well, the front desk lady first said he was asleep, then he might be at church then to come back at 4:00pm. Right. I'll never stay here again, and probably never at another Quality Inn either.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank a2a3dseddie
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

After getting stuck in Detroit for the night, the Quality Inn seemed a good, cheap choice. You get what you pay for. The room we were in was soooo noisy. In the hotel's defense the wind was blowing like crazy, but they need to anchor the gutters better. The gutter outside out window had fallen down and banged on the wall all night long. We were on west coast time, and being night owls any ways didn't even get to sleep till 6am, but we wouldn't have been able to sleep any ways. Not the cleanest place ever. The bathroom mat had yellow stains all over it. We were told breakfast started at 5am, since we were up we went down at 5:10, no breakfast until 6am, even though I had just called and was told 5am. The staff was friendly and its super close to the airport. Maybe ok if there was a clean mat and no wind.

Also, nothing open late close by, especially if you don't have a car. The Cottage Inn delivered and was decent.

Room Tip: Away from loose gutters!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stephola18
kitchener, ontario canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

We used this hotel for a park sleep and fly before and after our southeren vacation. I booked the park sleep and fly to cover the first night before we travelled and then called the hotel directly to get a much better rate for the night of our return. I saved about $45 by booking with them directly for the return night.
Front staff personel is very helpful.
Our room could of been cleaner the first night. Bathroom seemed to have had a very shedding person in it. Lots of long hair. The return night the room was nice and clean. Beds were very comfortable.
The shuttle pick up at the airport was a bit confusing. No place to make a direct call to the hotel. The pay phone would not make the connection after 4 tries I gave up.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank linda03_10
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

stayed in room #303 at the end of Jan 2012. Room/bathroom needed a good scrubbing, there were still beercans in one trashcan from the previous guest! We overlooked imperfections since we were tired and would only be staying to sleep a few hours and go. ...BUT we woke up to see a large red bug. Google helped us confirm it was indeed a bedbug. Unfortunately, after our encounter, my family and I had "post-traumatic bedbug stress" for the rest of our trip! Worried if we would be taking any new "friends" home....everytime we thought about "Big Red" we would start to itch and the hair on our arm/neck would stand on end....Ugh! We took full advantage of the Bed Bug Registry website before Booking/staying the rest of this trip and from now on!

• Stayed January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank morningbird303
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

Delta cancelled our flight into Peoria so we had to unexpectedly stay the night in Detroit. The checkin was very smooth and the lady checking us in was very pleasant even though it was 3:30 in the morning. The room was average and very welcome after a long day of travelling. The free continental breakfast was appreciated with a fairly good selection (cereal, bagels, eggs, sausage, juice). The hotel was a good value as we were able to get the internet rate for the room and we weren't looking for anything special.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Smyrna, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

I have had to stay in a hotel for a couple of weeks since I gave up my apartment to move to Smyrna TN. I can not say enough about the kind, thoughtful staff. They greeted me with a smile everyday and even showed concern for my situation, even upgraded me to a suite for a couple of nights just out of kindness. The staff at this location is particularly exceptional. Quality Inn should be very proud. I have stayed at 4 star hotels, such as the Mariott at the airport and the staff does not compare to this staff. I do not usually write reviews, but felt compelled to express how lovely these ladies treated me during my stay. The hotel is clean, breakfast is standard, beds are comfy, but when I return for a stay in MI, I will be returning to this location. Thank all of you ladies so much for you special kindness to me and my sister. May you all be Blessed. Jamie (Wilson) Lukitsh, Smyrna TN

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo