“Very Nice Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was welcomed by a very friendly front Desk (Brandi & Her team are wonderful) This Hotel is under a Renovation, The New rooms are wonderful, I have stayed here a few times in the Past and every time I stay here it is pleasant , Easy access to the Airport, Shuttles run every 20 minutes. The Bar is great for food & Cocktails. I was told the room renovation was almost complete by a Gentleman by the name of "Jim" who works for the hotel
This will be my home while visiting the Detroit area

Room Tip: Ask for a New room
1 Thank JMB-1952
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
What a lovely review -- thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback with us. There's nothing more important to me than making sure you're welcomed and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Detroit and hope you choose the Detroit Metro Airport Marriott for your home away from home!

Brandi, Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Like staying at an older Courtyard (pre-renovation) only for much more money!!!!

Ridiculously small room even for a Platinum member

Whole hotel has that "unclean feel"

Lobby is under renovation .... Temporary concierge lounge

AVOID!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank Bodie28270
I appreciate your feedback. There's nothing more important to us than making sure you feel welcomed and comfortable, which is why we're working hard to get these renovations complete. I know once the projects are done, you'll be truly impressed! We hope you will return to experience our brilliant transformation upon it's completion.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I had a wonderful stay. Great services. I got the help needed. I am disabled and received the accommodations needed. I was there for a week stay. Very comfortable beds and pillows. I will definitely be back

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank AntonioSantana1
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thanks for sharing such a glowing recommendation! It was our pleasure to make sure you were well taken care of. After all, there's nothing more important to us than you feeling welcomed and comfortable. I hope you enjoyed your time around Detroit. We'll see you next time.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Had to stay here because of a cancelled flight. Not cheap, but as someone else mentioned, in the throes of a way overdue rehab. the exterior looks good, but the interior is a mess...dirty hallways, out of date rooms, out of date bathroom, slow wireless, poor ventilation. While the front desk people were helpful and businesslike, it doesn't excuse the completely out of date condition of the hotel. Poor reflection on Marriott.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit, Daniel. As you probably noticed, we're in the middle of a beautiful renovation project. I think you'll be happy with the results once its completed. In the mean time, don't hesitate to let us know if we can help improve your stay in any way. After all, we want you to always feel welcomed and comfortable. I hope we'll have another chance to welcome you back in soon.

All the best.
Indiana
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Checking in I noticed several splatter marks on the wallpaper behind the main desk--odd but didn't think much of it--checked in around 9:45 p.m. after a long day of travel. Concierge lounge is under construction so they have made a room on the first floor open for that. They put some tables and chairs in there but when I went in, despite being open for another 15 minutes--it was a mess and no one to be found for any beverages, snacks, etc. That was just the beginning. The room (and I'm Platinum) was NYC small. Lumpy pillows, threadbare carpeting, peeling ceiling in the bathroom, window air conditioner that kept me up with the on/off most of the night and get this (I moved to the Westin at the airport the next night), you can hear every plane that takes off or lands. On site at the Westin hotel, overlooking the terminal I heard zero plane noise.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I'm very sorry to hear about your disappointing visit with us. We are under construction, but we want to make sure you're still well-taken care of and have everything you need. I'm disappointed that the concierge wasn't more helpful when you went in. Also, I'm a bit surprised to hear about your hotel room. Our maintenance team is on top of any issues and keeping your rooms in top shape is a huge priority. Did you have a chance to mention anything to our team? We'd be more than happy to take a look. The last thing we want is our guests to leave unsatisfied, so I sincerely apologize we missed the opportunity to improve your experience before you left.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed June 25, 2014

its a wonderful place. the room is very good and the restaurant they have is fantastic. The breakfast is very good. They have a pool too but i didnt had time to enjoy. There is a van service that can pick the guests at the airport. I strongly recomend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for such a glowing recommendation! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back to the Detroit Metro Airport Marriott soon!
Until next time,
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful. Rooms are up to date and clean. Love the restaurant and bar on site. A great place to have a drink after a long flight. Will definitely stay here again

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for making the Detroit Metro Airport Marriott part of your trips to Detroit! It sounds like the team is making sure you feel welcomed and comfortable, which is great. We hope to see you again soon!

Brandi, Front Desk Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Courtyard Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Detroit Metro Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!