“Very good choice”

Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful. Rooms are up to date and clean. Love the restaurant and bar on site. A great place to have a drink after a long flight. Will definitely stay here again

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thanks for making the Detroit Metro Airport Marriott part of your trips to Detroit! It sounds like the team is making sure you feel welcomed and comfortable, which is great. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Detroit Metro Airport Marriott

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Checked in to find out I was "guest of the day" - very cute and appreciated. Was given concierge access (unfortunately already closed) and a certificate for a drink,1k marriott points or food. Front desk was helpful and very nice. Went to bar for dinner and a drink, the bartender (some Polish guy) was fantastic and entertaining. Active remodeling being done while I was there. My room was on the second floor and was as expected. Would definitely stay here again. Also, not a bad place if you have an early flight out in the morning. Shuttle runs every 20 minutes on the hour.

Room Tip: ask for a remodeled room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We very much appreciate your loyalty and support during our transformation. I hope you'll come back to the Detroit Metro Airport Marriott if you're ever in the area again.

With warmth,

Reviewed June 11, 2014

90% of my reviews are positive, however I feel that I must warn others who are booking this hotel in the next few weeks. The hotel is undergoing a much needed, major renovation. The friendly front desk clerk informed me of this at check-in. I usually stay at Livonia Marriott but with a 6am flight, I chose this one. I am a Platinum member and was told the concierge level was moved to the 1st floor and that Gold and Platinum guests were being put on the first floor. OK--no problem. On my trip to the relocated Concierge lounge at 5:30pm I noticed a very strong, pungent order of paint thinner or varnish in the lobby. The concierge lounge was just off the lobby and I noticed the poor woman staffing it had a mask available. She was not feeling well. After 5 minutes, I began to suffer a headache. I am an ex public health nurse and I am very concerned about the staff having to work with such poor ventilation and air quality. I am a creature of habit and usually order a cocktail and dinner at the bar. No way--the odor was too strong, actually nauseating! The staff were all wonderful but I could tell that they were not comfortable wth the working conditions. The front desk manager "comped" my dinner which I had to eat in my room. I feel like a prisoner tonight but I am too tired to switch hotels. I have stayed here before and it is a decent hotel. I am advising NOT to stay here until the renovations are complete. Sorry to say this, as I am a loyal Platinum member. I do not feel this is a safe environment during the construction. Call first. Hoping my headache goes away!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, try to get as far away from the construction as possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Grey_Goose_Up
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort during your stay. There's nothing more important to us than making sure you feel at home. I can assure you that your safety and the safety of our team was at the top of our minds.

We know the next time you visit Detroit, you'd be truly wowed with our comfortable rooms and new updates. We hope to see you again soon.

Brandi S., Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at the Marriott at DWT because they offered a park & fly package. I arrived a much later than expected to checking. By 10:30 pm parking with tight. Me and my child had to almost park in the rear of the hotel. I thought the parking lot could have used morel lighting. We were quickly checked in and given a 1st floor room. The room was average, but the bed was very comfortable. The next day we went across the street to park and had to the airport for our flight. It was a nice stay with a good price that included up to 1 week paid parking (in the adjacent lot).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2014

found this hotel by chance on a winter's night , snow stor arival to dtw, and didn't want to drive home. Almost checked into the courtyard next door, then happened to spy this one. What a welcomed surprise. The frond desk staff was more than helpful.

Room Tip: found the rooms quiet, very comfortable and cosu!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Hi, Gloriana! I'm so glad that we could welcome you in during a snow storm. This winter was brutal, wasn't it? I can only imagine how stressful it was to be stuck at the airport. The next time you're traveling out of DTW, we'd love to see you back at the Detroit Metro Airport Marriott!

Brandi S., Manager

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Our company recently hosted an event at the Detroit Metro Airport Marriott. The staff was wonderfully accomodating at check-in, pleasant, smiling and ready to help us set-up. The large event room was the perfect location for our reception and the food was presented perfectly for our group of professionals. When we discovered that we were missing some name-tags, the staff was able to contact the hotel general manager who quickly offered what he had, ultimately saving the day. The hotel rooms were also nice. Clean, well appointed and comfortable. Overall, a perfect place to combine business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms appear to be under construction, however, there was no noise in the evening and n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

I'm thrilled to hear that you and your group enjoyed the event. It sounds like our team took excellent care of you, which is wonderful. After all, it's our job to make your day as easy as possible! The next time you're hosting an event around Metro Detroit, be sure to keep us in mind.

Take care,

Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is a full service Marriott that is showing it's age. I was on the third floor facing the front entrance, so it was pretty quiet. The bed and work area in the room are quite comfortable. Cool Irish pub in the hotel, and an excellent breakfast (for $14 plus tip mind you). The people are very friendly and helpful. There are some things typical of older hotels that need to be mentioned: Not enough plugs in the rooms, noisy air conditioner, charge for internet, etc. One big issue that I can't understand is that they have beautiful 42" flat screen TVs in the rooms, but don't provide HDTV channels? That seems like short money to improve the experience. If you are on business (and an expense account) this hotel is good. If you want to eat a little cheaper, there isn't much to choose from nearby except for a Bob Evans down the road. Not a bad experience at all, just not great.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael G
Elisabeth D, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Michael G,

I want to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I especially want to thank you for your high rating and kind words of our overall service. It is certainly the service we excel at here with the limitations we face with operating an older property.

I am happy to inform you of current renovations which will take our product to a new level and will include more plugs/outlets, as well as updated and modern guest rooms. We truly appreciate the feedback you give to us, and aim to improve and provide to you a brilliant experience with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Courtyard Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Detroit Metro Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!