“Stayed one night”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Paw Paw, Michigan
“Stayed one night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Since I am a Marriott Rewards member and will be staying in this area every Wednesday evening for the rest of the year I stayed at this property. It is a nice hotel and the staff was friendly. Furniture in room is a outdated and not convenient outlets for the electronics of the times. Won't be coming back since they have not upgraded to HD programming. For a Marriott you would think it would! I am now staying at the Springhill Suites near by which is a Marriott property with HDTV programming and you get complimentary breakfast. If HD and comp breakfast is not important I recommend this Marriott.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Emily C, Manager at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that our lack of HD put a damper on your visit, Tim. I appreciate you sharing this feedback with us, because we're always open to new upgrades and features to make our hotel even more welcoming. I can certainly pass this along to our team. It sounds like you'll be frequenting DTW often this year -- I'd love to welcome you back in for another visit. I know our friendly team and comfortable rooms would impress!

Take care,
Brandi, Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Flights were delayed and cancelled so I made a reservation earlier in the day. The shuttle was timely and had me at the hotel in no time. Everyone at checkin was friendly and helpful so checking in was a breeze. The room was nice and clean on the concierge level. The lounge was open and offered the standard food and beverages in a relaxed environment. Just the thing you want after 6 hrs on a plane. The hotel was smaller than most Marriotts but was a great value and the location to the airport was a huge plus. The shuttle had me back when needed only a 5 minute trip. I hope next time I can stay longer than the 10 hrs I was there and take advantage of the other areas of the hotel . Good for business travelers

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Finger Lakes, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were caught in the winter polar vortex that created havoc for air travelers of which we were two. Forced to spend at least one night in Detroit, we were fortunate to get a room at this Marriott. We were put on the concierge floor due to our gold status. Unfortunately we were not able to take much advantage of the lounge's amenities as we arrived too late in the evening. The room was fine except for the heating unit which blew directly on us in bed. It was either cold air or hot air, which did not make for the most comfortable night. But the room and bathroom were clean, and the staff was pleasant and courteous. The shuttle was convenient although it could use some new shock absorbers. But all in all, it was our port in the storm.

Painesville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This was a very acceptable airport hotel. The bed was fabulous. It was extremely comfortable (to the extent that we took the brochure home with a view to upgrading ours at home!) there is a passable bar with at least one local brew (in our case Arcadia IPA)
The check in and out was quick and efficient and the shuttle to and from the airport was regular. It took about seven minutes to get us there.
If I need an hotel at DTW. I will use the Marriott.

Brockway, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I had an early flight so I chose this hotel to spend the night. The front desk people were friendly and helpful. My room was clean and the mattress was very comfortable. There is an Irish Pub and restaurant by the front desk. My dinner was fine. I had the buffet for breakfast and had to pay for it as it wasn't included. It was wonderful!

The hotel is by the off airport parking places. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very good, room ia clean abd spacious enough, the bed is pretty good too with nice pillows. Got a good deal, so i believe that the price was really adequate to what they offer. We really recomend this hotel, and it ia really close to the airport.

New England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel generally looks a little sad and worse for wear, but that wasn't really a problem for me, as I wasn't trying to impress anyone, and it seemed like the worn carpets were kept clean.

The service had a few rough spots, but they made a good effort to correct the glitches.

I arrived in a rather full shuttle, and there was only one person at the front desk checking people in. They should have been able to coordinate and know to be prepared for that shuttle arriving. Eventually, more staff came out, but not after having people waiting for check in for a while.

I asked for a quiet room, and the agent chose what she thought would be good for that, but what I got was a first floor room at the end of the building that is right next to an interstate highway. The good news is that when I went back to the front desk to complain about this a team of two different agents willingly and apologetically found me another room much further from that source of noise. When I got to the second room, it had a noisy, always-on ventilation system in the bathroom, and was definitely worse than the first room in that regard, but at that point I decided to close the bathroom door, put in my earplugs, and get some sleep rather than go wait at the front desk again.

Bottom line – the staff is very willing to help, but it's better when they get it right on the first try, like in the Hilton I'm staying in now.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Courtyard Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Detroit Metro Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!