“Old property, but got it at a good price”

Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Convenient location and got a great "name your own price"(45 FYI) The room was clean and the bathroom appeared to be remodeled. The bed was very comfortable. Overall though, the facilities are old and starting to show their age. Wallpaper peeling and old decor in the common areas. The pool was nice and was clean, but the hot tub was low on water and pretty hot. I gave it 4 of 5 bubbles for the value I got. But I wouldn't classify this as 3.5 stars. Id say closer to 3 or 2.5. If you can get a room for under $100 you'll probably be happy with your stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Not amazing but very nice. Business oriented and close to the airport. Room was nicely updated and comfortable. Got a great price on Hotwire!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had no problem with the hotel itself and the rooms, but the restaurant closed very early and the property isn't within walking distance of much. I'm trying to figure out how Marriott owns four properties essentially within a mile of each other and expects (1) people not to be confused (2) an airport shuttle every 30 mins to suffice and (3) all these properties to stay in business.

As you might guess, I got off the shuttle at the wrong property (Courtyard, which is literally next door). I waited in line only to find out I was at the wrong place. The shuttle driver could have done a better job telling us where we were and that there were four stops. I also could have paid attention to where my reservation was!

I'm staying at the courtyard in a couple weeks, so I'll let you know which is better. This place was fine in the rooms but kind of boring otherwise. Conceirge level breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Our experience at this Marriott was nothing but the best.. Starting with the connection made to Brandon when I called for the Marriott Shuttle at the DTW Airport, to the gentleman driving the Marriott Shuttle, to the Front Desk, all the way to my comfy room.

My room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable (heck I could have even slept in their chaise that was in the room)..I loved the decor especially with the pictures reflective of the area of the airport and motor city.

When I fly into Detroit there will be no doubt I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This hotel is located off the main road, near the Detroit Airport. Very close to the park & fly. While the outside of the building and yard appears dated and in need of some minor cleaning. The inside is what you would expect with this chain. The staff were friendly and welcoming. While the lobby is not large it is clean and has a little irish pub attached. This makes having a snack or evening drink enjoyable without having to leave the building.
The room was very clean and well taken care maintained.
There is free WiFi included. The shuttle service runs to and from the airport, which is less than 10 minutes door to terminal.
A very good choice for a family or businessman to stay the night before or after a trip.
I wouldn't pick it if you were looking for a weekend away...

Room Tip: Our room over looked a bunch of air conditioners... There was no noise, but it was nothing to look...
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I almost always stay at Marriott chain hotels and have been always been pleased and have written very positive reviews, however, this hotel is completely unworthy of the Marriott name. This hotel is dank and the room very poorly maintained. All of the tissues were wet like the box had fallen into water and was not replaced. Sleeping in the beds made both my son and I very itchy. The room we were in was very dated and in need of serious updating.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed here this past Saturday night with my kids prior to a very early flight out of the North terminal. Usually we stay at the Westin as it is beautiful and very convenient to Delta however we flew Spirit and this hotel was far more convenient to the terminal. We checked in later and the room was small but very nice and up to Marriott standards. The bed was very comfortable and I really didn't hear much air traffic at night. We asked for a 3:30 am wake up call and that went without a hitch. Got dressed and went downstairs to wait for our 4 am shuttle. Everything went perfectly. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Courtyard Detroit Metro Airport Romulus

Been to Detroit Metro Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!