“Surprisingly nice”

Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
West Coast, USA
“Surprisingly nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

This place was a great value on points.

As SPG Gold, received nice room on SPG floor.

Good restaurant and bar open until 1:30am; upgraded rooms are nice, spacious, modern, clean. Free airport shuttle 24/7.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank HappyTravels503

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

Stayed at this airport hotel prior to a flight. The property upon entry is clean and well-staffed. The staff were friendly and accomodating. The hotel appears to have been recently renovated, yet there were chips out of the vanity, scratches on the doors, etc. It's a shame, as they have tried to make this a nice property. I don't know why travellers would have so little respect for a hotel. The rooms themselves were a little small but otherwise neat and modern. The hotel had a nice little pool. En route to the airport @ 5a.m. I found a nice surprise of coffee and little danishes awaiting in the hotel lobby.

My only negative for this property would be that there was no business center. I needed to check my email and didn't have alaptop with me. That was a little inconvenient.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank PTWife
Quebec
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

We arrived to hear that the reservation had been taken wrong. Then hotel was not the newest and had kind of a smell to it. My room had opbviousl been cleaned very fast... I found hairs in the tub and on the bathroom floor, desk was sticky with I don't know what, toilet paper had clearly been used and not teared up correctly, desk chair was full of crumbs...

Our breakfast was ok. Not more than that.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Kiwifraise
Fort Erie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

We chose this hotel via ParkSleepFly as I usually use this service when flying out. I have never stayed at a Sheraton hotel prior to this trip. I was very impressed with the hotel and room, as they provided complementary internet and water, and had a large fridge and television. Sleep was very comfortable, even being close to the airport. Could barely hear the planes at night. Prompt wake up call and experienced no problems whatsoever. Would recommend and stay again. Would rate a 4-Star hotel as opposed to only 3-Star.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JStebs
imshocked2
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

I had an early flight scheduled after attending my brothers funeral. Needless to say I was exhausted and just wanted to relax after a week of family chaos. The restaurant / bar offered very good service. The hotel was quiet, despite it being a Saturday night. While the hallways are badly in need of an overhaul, the rooms were very clean, updated and comfortable. If you are coming or going from the airport at challenging hours, this is a great place to stay. Having talked to others, they also offer parking as an alternative to the pricey airport lots.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

I was unable to find an affordable rate at the Westin in the DTW airport so I chose the only other Starwood property, the Four Points in neighboring Romulus. The young lady at the check-in counter was extremely patient in dealing with an elderly customer in line in front of me. She offered very good advise about restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is on one of the roads on the perimeter of the airfield. There are two or three restaurants within walking distance. The room was extremely clean and moderately comfortable. The pick-up in the morning was very timely. A good, economical choice for an overnight stay. The room service breakfast was incredibly priced and delivered exactly on time. The young lady delivering the tray was very truthful about the service charge being already included in the room service charge.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter age 7. We were being treated to a weekend away with other widows from and children from Operation Iraqi Freedom with Snowball Express. She had lost her dad when she was a toddler. We stayed the night here before our flight. The hotel itself was nice. The customer service was nice. I had left a necklace in my room and called the staff that morning. I received a call back hours later from a staff saying they had my necklace and would keep it locked up with the housekeeping. The necklace was a pearl I had gotten from Walt Disney World on our last family trip there. It costed about 60$ not a lot to get it and the setting but you see it would have been nice to give to my daughter when she was older...you can't put a price on memories. I had told the staff the sentimental value. I was to send a self address envelope to the hotel and they would send it back. After the trip was christmas and right after Christmas I called the hotel to verify address and stuff to get the necklace and was informed by housekeeping there was no necklace. I said well it was locked up and verified by a staff named Rebecca ( i think that was her name) that it was there and they said they would have to call me back. 3 months later and still no phone call. I am livid that any hotel could allow this to happen and then not call. No apologies....nothing. I understand is a housekeeping staff stole it then that isn't the hotel's fault but they still should have called back especially since they knew the sentimental value of it to me.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family