“Not up to the 4 star status”

Four Points by Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed March 3, 2012

If you are in need of a place to stay while you are passing through DTW for a layover it shouldn't be your first choice. The property shows its age and is in need of a face lift. No flat screen tv can help chipped paint, leaking faucets and a noisy fan. I will say that the staff was attentive and they have a full service restuarant on site along with shuttle to airport. If you are an airline employee you seem to get preferential attention.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed February 4, 2012

I am active duty military and was trying booking a vaction to see my fiance. i wanted to stay at the four points outside of the airport. They dont want to rent me a room since im not 21. Their reasoning is they have a lounge and its "local policy.". The Clarion, as well as a few others will make an exception to the rule and were quite respectful, and accomidating. I have always stayed at Four Points hotels where ever i go and never have i been turned away or treated in such a disgusting and disrespectful manner. I serve my country but i cant rent a room like any other civilain counterpart because i decided to serve my country at a young age? If their staff does their job and ID's guests who drink at their bar as law mandates then they wouldnt have a need for such policies, and a lack of respect for uniformed military personel. Their desk staff lacks tact, ability to acccomodate, and apparently their bar employees lack integrity and self-discipline to do ther job. I will never stay at a four points again!

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank USAF720
Rose L, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Dear Valued Guest
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the miscommunication and misunderstanding with the procedure for reserving a guest room and I hope you addressed it with the front desk, so we could have the opportunity to make it right. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments because we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

Sincerely, Hotel Management

Reviewed January 14, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on two separate occassions before our early morning flight. Hotel has a great park,sleep fly package and offer 24 hr shuttle service. Hotel is clean, and beds were comfortable. Staff was very accomodating in getting us adjoining rooms. Surprisingly rooms were quite with no outside noise (aircraft). Walls were thin as you could hear other room doors opening and closing. Noticed several airline crew during both stays. Can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sjeriksen
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We did a park and fly. Stay, drive across street in morning and park car in yellow lot. The yellow busses run the most. Never had to wait for the shuttle to pick us up. Very easy and quick. Great location and great beds at a low price. Exactly what we wanted.

Room Tip: All are good rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dino T
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed here for two nights while doing business in the vicinity. 6th floor room was clean and bed was comfortable. No sign of bedbugs referenced by earlier reviewer - and I tore the bed apart to check before I unpacked a thing!

Internet service was free, as it should be, but signal was somewhat low and slow.

I was pleased to see the mini fridge and microwave - I was able to keep beverages cold, and also reheat leftovers from Leonardo's restaurant nearby. That place is worth a stop for very good Italian food, by the way.

Nice flat screen TV although my set lost local channels several times during my favorite show!! Room service was good - especially french onion soup.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stayed here on October 29, 2011. This was a great hotel to stay at before a flight. Check in was quick, the rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable. We did not even hear the noise from the airport. The next morning, we took our car to the airport parking which was included in the price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank IrishGirll488
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I was just there on October 27th on business. I took a nap and woke up with bug bites on my arm and back. I feared bed bugs so I immediately took off the sheets to search for blood like, dark brown coffee stains on my mattress seams. Sure enough there they were so I took photos of it and called downstairs to see if they could change my room. I told them that I believe my room had bed bugs. CYN DAY, the lady at the front desk was so rude to me. She insisted there were no bed bugs at the hotel although another co worker went there and the other person at the desk claimed that 3 people have complained of being bitten also. They never said they were sorry for my inconvenience and they never offered assistance in helping me transport my stuff to my new room. I had to get another co worker to help me. Here I am itching just thinking about it. I never want to stay there again!

Room Tip: Look out for bed bugs. Check your mattresses and carry the bed bug spray in your luggage you can buy...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business