“Nice room, good room service food.”

Four Points by Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed here for two nights while doing business in the vicinity. 6th floor room was clean and bed was comfortable. No sign of bedbugs referenced by earlier reviewer - and I tore the bed apart to check before I unpacked a thing!

Internet service was free, as it should be, but signal was somewhat low and slow.

I was pleased to see the mini fridge and microwave - I was able to keep beverages cold, and also reheat leftovers from Leonardo's restaurant nearby. That place is worth a stop for very good Italian food, by the way.

Nice flat screen TV although my set lost local channels several times during my favorite show!! Room service was good - especially french onion soup.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stayed here on October 29, 2011. This was a great hotel to stay at before a flight. Check in was quick, the rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable. We did not even hear the noise from the airport. The next morning, we took our car to the airport parking which was included in the price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank IrishGirll488
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I was just there on October 27th on business. I took a nap and woke up with bug bites on my arm and back. I feared bed bugs so I immediately took off the sheets to search for blood like, dark brown coffee stains on my mattress seams. Sure enough there they were so I took photos of it and called downstairs to see if they could change my room. I told them that I believe my room had bed bugs. CYN DAY, the lady at the front desk was so rude to me. She insisted there were no bed bugs at the hotel although another co worker went there and the other person at the desk claimed that 3 people have complained of being bitten also. They never said they were sorry for my inconvenience and they never offered assistance in helping me transport my stuff to my new room. I had to get another co worker to help me. Here I am itching just thinking about it. I never want to stay there again!

Room Tip: Look out for bed bugs. Check your mattresses and carry the bed bug spray in your luggage you can buy...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Luv2Fly2910
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We had one of the worst nights at a hotel ever! The first room was noisy although we had asked for a quiet room beccause we had to get up at 4:30 am to catch a flight. The second room was even noisier. A group of preteens was running the halls, slamming the stairway door across the hall from our room, yelling, screaming, etc. About midnight, I attempted to call the front desk to report the perpetual commotion and nobody answered the front desk phone!!! I got dressed and went down there. As I walked by the room of these preteens, they were laying on the hallway floor laughing loudly and pounding on their door. One woman opened the door to let them in. Obviously, she had been in that room watching tv while the kids ran wild. We finally got to sleep at midnight, but we did not receive the 4:30 am wakeup call that the front desk had promised us. There was not even a coffee machine in the lobby. Even though we were too early for breakfast, a coffee pot would be very nice. The front desk employee had a shabby grayish white old looking shirt on and was frumpy.
We couldn't use the small pool because a mom had a bunch of very rowdy preteens in the pool. This place shouldn't charge more than $10 a night. We'd never go back there

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank barbmac5
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This hotel is an airport hotel so my expectations were not that high. But I can not look past dried blood on the bed. Makes me believe the bedding wasn't changed between guests. The pool was also revolting! It would be better if they didn't even have it. It just should me how much goes into the care of this hotel. The hottub was so cloudy I couldn't even see the ground. Next time I will pay the extra $20 and stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We had to switch rooms TWICE! This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel prides itself on being smoke free, yet the bedding is full of burn holes. Not to mention the disgusting stains on the bedding, broken lamps, and unclean bathroom. I will never stay at this Sheraton again. The only thing positive I can say is that it is close to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2011

This is about the 5th time we have been here and as usual it's exactly what you would expect for a four points. Clean, modern reasonably priced. We are paying 89.00 per night and that includes our parking for the week. Nothing fancy but who needs it before flying out. Cold beer and flat screens in the bar. Shuttle to the airport, it's all good

• Stayed: October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Radisson Hotel Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!