All reviews beers on tap gastro pub restaurant bar airlines parking refrigerator and microwave decent hotel rooms were very clean front desk staff parking package big boy free shuttle park and fly would stay here again checking in bob evans rental car detroit metro
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Visiting a particular city frequently affords one the chance to try many hotels in the area. I've been vising Detroit for years, and after many hotels, THIS is the one I come back to most.

Location: Downtown in 25 minutes. Airport in 5 minutes. Ford Museum, 15 minutes. It's just off I-64 and close to I-75.

Amenities & staff: Excellent food in the restaurant - you don't have to go out to have a nice dinner. The pool is nice and very well kept (full disclosure: I haven't yet had a swim but I did a walk-through of the area). Exercise room is not huge but everything works and it's clean. The staff are friendly and helpful -- and very efficient, which get them big bonus points in my books.

Price & value: Under a hundred bucks for an "airport hotel". Can't beat it. Free parking, free internet, free bottled water in the room (a little thing but a big plus).

You can easily pay well over $50 dollars more in the area and get a lot less. This is the place I keep going back to in Detroit.

Date of stay: June 2011
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Oh my, as an airline employee I travel all the time and this is the worst hotel experience I have had. No exaggerating. First it took them 45 mins to pick me up at the airport, after a red eye flight, at 7am. After 4 phone calls, one of them from my job, I was finally picked up. The shuttle driver did not offer to help me with my bag. Once in my room I had to sleep during the day, as I had just worked the red eye flight. The curtains were terrible. They stuck out from the wall about 8 inches and they were not just 2 pieces like normal curtains where you pull them together, there were 4 pieces so they didn't match up well with each other and light flooded the room. Not good when you need it to be dark. No big deal, I got out my eye mask. Then as I went to shower, there was no hot water. After a call to the front desk, I was given access to the room next door which also had no hot water. Showerless I reported to the lobby 10 mins early for my 6:00pm shuttle back to the airport, which I had confirmed at 4:30. At 6:15 the shuttle finally arrives, that goodness I had figured out their promptness that morning and left plenty of time to return for my flight. Not only was this a problem for me, but my roommate, who has the same job as I, stayed here a week later and had issues as well. Her's was a man trying to come into her room after being assigned the room she was in. So no rest for her, and being woken up by a man trying to enter the room. They have a lot to work on at this hotel. Stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: May 2011
3  Thank stephola18
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We stayed here for one night with friends before flying out of DTW. Rooms were clean and spacious and the service was great. We stayed here mainly so we could do the park and fly and it was worth it. You have to drive your car just across the street after checking out of the hotel in the morning to the secure parking lot and there was a shuttle there waiting to take us to the airport. Overall, the hotel was nice and convenient.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank auzigirl03
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I stayed here last night after getting bumped from a flight on my layover in Detroit. The hotel is about five mins from the airport and when I called to get a shuttle they told me just to wait out front because their shuttles run all the time. Sure enough, there was one waiting when I got outside. I was very thankful at check-in that they had a charger for my Blackberry since I didn't have mine on me, not realizing I wouldn't be home that night. The room was fine for an airport hotel with a comfortable bed and flat-screen TV. My one complaint -- no one mentioned they only run shuttles to the terminal every half hour in the morning and not "all the time" like they had said the night before. I came down stairs at exactly 6:31 am and was told the shuttle just pulled away and I'd have to wait 30 mins. My flight left in an hour. In a panic, I had them call a cab. A town car showed up 18 precious mins later and charged me $20 for the 5-min ride. I got caught in a long security line and then ran like OJ to my gate, boarding last just before they shut the doors. Whew!

Date of stay: February 2011
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Stayed here when a connecting flight was cancelled. Nice decor, friendly staff, comfy beds, good value. My only complaint would be that the soundproofing isn't great--you can hear the jets roaring overhead.

Date of stay: April 2010