“Definitely worth the price of admission”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Windsor, Canada
“Definitely worth the price of admission”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We had two rooms booked. One on a Stay and Fly rate. We were warmly greeted by the reception and were checked in quickly. The rooms were quite large with comfortable beds. Both rooms were clean. The only complaint I have is the amount of ice on the sidewalks and in front of the door (not the front door) that we needed to use to get to our rooms. Very very slippery. A business should keep these areas free and clear of snow and ice at all times!

2 Thank WindsorTenor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I were here for only 1 day but we found this hotel to be very nice. The beds were comfortable and the room included a microwave and a small fridge. Due to our short stay, our only interaction was with the front desk staff. We arrived earlier than check-in but was given a room that matched all my requests. However, after being in room #316 for a short period of time, we noticed there was periodic buzzing sound coming from the electrical room next door. We asked to moved to another room and the front desk clerk was quite helpful. She stated it would take a moment before another room would be available but that since we were about to go out she would have everything changed for us by the time we came back (which she did). I would definitely return to this hotel whenever I am in the area.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Coming into town on a late flight, La Quinta sent a shuttle to pick me up from the airport and it quickly delivered me to the hotel. There was a leak in the lobby ceiling but the staff was friendly and the rooms exceeded my expectations in terms of cleanliness and decor. Slept well and was on my way a few hours later. If you need to stop over near the airport this is a good place at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bellingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The customer service is wonderful. Our flight was cancelled and it was 9:00am. The front desk manager not only let us check into a room early, she invited us to enjoy the breakfast if we wanted to! The room was very comfortable and very modern. The only shortcoming in my opinion is that they only supply soap and shampoo--no conditioner and no hand lotion. I thought those were pretty standard.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Although I was initially pleased with the cleanliness of the facility and helpfulness of front desk staff, I was beyond impressed when the hotel let me check BACK INTO my room several hours after I checked out so that I had a place to wait after my early morning flight was cancelled. On top of that, I was able to stay in my room an additional hour past scheduled checkout to accommodate this unfortunate airline issue. I was ultimately booked on a flight 12 hours later than the first cancelled one, and being able to spend any fraction of that time in my hotel room (and not at the airport) was a true gift. Although I understand these types of special considerations are not always possible due to volume at the hotel and cleaning schedule, I think the event speaks wonders of hotel staff, particularly in comparison to some places I've stayed which won't even entertain special circumstances. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank AWMaureen
Maryland
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We got a 2 room 2 Queen bed suite. The suite was very spacious, modern, and clean. The staff has been very welcoming. We traveled with our dogs, and asked the staff to clean the room while we were out for an hour, and they sent somebody right up to clean the room. There are plenty of sidewalks and trees around the property to walk your dog in safety. Breakfast was pretty standard for a La Quinta. My only complaint is that the fold out couch was very average and you could feel the springs in it. I would only have a small child sleeping on it. The regular beds in the room were very comfortable though. Bottom line- especially if you have a pet, but even if you do not have a pet, this is an awesome hotel and these 2 BR suites are great if you have a large family or need room for your dogs to play inside the hotel at a very fair price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
São Miguel do Oeste
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hotel is very new (or al least recently renewed), very quiet and spacious rooms.
The internet (free) work perfectly. The beds are very very good!!!!!
The hotel staff is very nice, helpful and attentive.
They have a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes to and from the airport, and also if the shuttle is available they can drive you to some os the nearby restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family