Days Inn Detroit Metropolitan Airport
$101
$98
Travelocity
1,234 results
All reviewswingsroom was cleanshuttle servicebar and grillleave your carpark flywake up callfree shuttlerental carbagelsdetroitpickupterminal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 10, 2011

My friend and I were traveling to CA to cheer on the Badgers in the Rose Bowl. After a travel fiasco resulting in a missed connection and lost luggage, the airline put us up at the Days Inn--Romulus. The first thing I noticed was how well both the hotel and restaurant staff handled the influx of stranded passengers. Check-in was seamless, and service at the understaffed restaurant was quick and courteous. It was clear they are used to these sorts of situations. The room was clean, comfortable, and perfectly satisfactory for our one night stay.

Because of the way the trip had been going to that point, we were in a hurry to get to the airport the next morning to make sure there was no problem with our modified flight itinerary. It wasn't until I opened my laptop bag while at the airline luggage office (in order to give the attendant the address where my luggage--now in San Diego, should be sent in LA!) that I realized the envelope containing all of our tickets for the weekend--New Year's Eve party, Rose Parade, and GAME--were gone! Unable to find them at the airport, we called the Days Inn, but to no avail. We boarded our flight, not even knowing if we would have tickets to anything once we arrived; our trip had gone from disaster to potentially ruined!

We landed and checked into the hotel; my friend had a voicemail from Christa at the Days Inn saying that they had our tickets! She felt so bad about our trip possibly being destroyed that she spent hours on the phone trying to make sure duplicates could be ready at will call for us. With her help, the Rose Parade ticketers were able to locate my order and arrange for me to pick them up from the usher in our section. The Rose Bowl ticket office must have redirected her to the Wisconsin ticket office, because they gave her the phone number associated with the account; she then called my parents and together they made sure our game tickets would be ready and waiting. They must have spoke several times, as she really wanted to make sure we would be made aware of the arrangements. Christa's exemplary service and dedication saved our vacation!

There's going the extra mile, and there's doing what Christa did. I've traveled extensively and stayed at hotels of all classes, but never have I ever encountered such amazing service and integrity. For that reason, my family, my friend, and I will only stay at the Days Inn--Romulus when in the Detroit area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bucky05
Reviewed January 7, 2011

We stayed at this motel in late December for one night as part of a 'Park n' Fly' package. The package allows 7 nights free parking then $7.00 per day for additional parking which is very reasonable compared to $11.00 plus per day at other airport hotels. Coupled with the low room rate this Days Inn offers great value and an excellent location, just minutes from the terminals. One of the nice features is that your vehicle is accessible in the morning of departure then moved to a secured lot during your trip then moved back the day of arrival so transfer is quick and easy. The rooms are average in size and comfort, the usual Days Inn decor. The king sized bed is comfortable and the noise is minimal considering the motel is right on the approach to an active runway. Staff is extremely friendly and are eager to accomodate requests. The onsite restaurant/bar is very good with reasonably priced meals and drinks which means once your are parked there is no need to wander around looking for a place to eat. McDonalds is also steps away along with a full service gas station. The hotel is very easily accessed from I-94 ( one block).
The only negative is the airport shuttle service that is contracted to an independant company which services 7 other motels. They advertise 24 hour service with half hour pickup but it is more like 45 minutes plus and not regular so arrange your pickup times accordingly.
We are seasoned travellers and have stayed at most of the Detroit Metro airport hotels and find the Days Inn to be one of the better accomodations. It is advertised as a 2.5, however compared to some of the other locations it is more like a 3 or even 3.5.
Feel free to contact me for any other information on this motel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellerDave
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Stayed here while in Metro Detroit for the Free Press Marathon this month. Originally had a reservation downtown but decided to search for something more inexpensive but still nice. Found this on Expedia for a great rate and liked the convenient location to the airport. While it would have been nice being downtown, it was still nice being close to the airport for rental car return and our return flight home.

Room was large with a big queen size bed. The windows were able to be opened so we were able to enjoy a nice cool fall breeze during the time we were in the room.

Water in shower was as hot as it is at home and the shower flow was strong. It looks like the tub\shower was fairly new and very clean.

Front desk staff was friendly and courteous. There is a restaurant on site that seemed to have a steady flow of patrons. Perhaps I will check it out the next time we are in the area.

Overall, a good room with a great price. I have no complaints. It is nothing fancy, but it is a clean, safe hotel that has won awards from the corporate office and AAA. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We stayed here so that we could catch an early flight out of the airport the next morning.

The woman at the front desk really left a good impression with me... she was overly friendly and helpful and offered to set us up for a shuttle to the airport for the following morning free of charge (shuttles leave every 30 minutes). I wish I had gotten her name, she deserves to be recognized for her excellent customer service!

I ordered late night take-out from the on-site Restaurant "Wings Bar & Grill", I had to go downstairs to the restaurant to make my order because they weren't answering the phone, but the food was FANTASTIC (I ordered a chicken melt sandwich).

We slept very well, and the next morning we were able to grab free breakfast in the restaurant (hard boiled eggs, toast, juice, bagels, cereal, danishes, etc.)

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Stayed there for 3 nights for work.
The room was clean, had a fridge, Microwave, coffee maker so all of that is fine.
Depending on planes flight pattern this place is LOUD.
A lot of truckers frequent this hotel, and since they like to get up early and have their trucks idle to warm up, you may just hear that if your room is located on the back side of the hotel. The AC is very loud but works well.
Breakfast was ok, nothing hot. There is a MC Donalds 2 minute walk down the street. The wings restaurant food was ok, nothing to write home about.
I guess they offer long term parking with a 1 night hotel stay, which is very worth it.
The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Airport shuttle runs 24/7 on the hour and half hour. The "fitness center" is 1 treadmill, 1 all around machine, 1 elipse machine and that is pretty much it.
The internet was consistent an fast enough even at the end of the property.
In short, location is great for an early flight, with parking. Staff is friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business