“Make another choice”

Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Kalamazoo, MI
“Make another choice”
Reviewed March 30, 2007

After reading the other tripadvisor reviews, I booked this hotel for a 1 night stay. We were flying out the following morning and didn't want to risk being late.

The hotel was nothing special and the "breakfast" left much to be desired. They have not finished the dining room renovations that we apparently started last summer, so the breakfast was in a room on the 1st floor. They had removed the bed and put long tables for food. There was no place to sit and the food was cereal and english muffins.

The room was marginally clean and it appeared that they had taken a very old property and tried to update it. They haven't done a very good job.

With all of the choices surrounding the airport, I would look to stay somewhere else next time.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — old, dated property
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank vmoon8965

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed February 19, 2007

My husband and I recently stayed at the Days Inn Romulus after returning from a trip to Maui. We live in the area but after such a long day of travel we couldn't bring ourselves to drive another 45 minutes home. We were extremely pleased with our entire experience. First off we opted to leave our car at the airport and take the shuttle to the hotel, the shuttle driver was extremly courteous and got us to the hotel in less than 5 minutes. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk who could clearly see how exhausted we were, she got us into our room in no time. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The next morning I ran downstairs and grabbed some pastries from the continental breakfast, which were very fresh, and then I went back to bed. The hotel was so quiet, we could have slept all day. After checking out we grabbed a quick bite at the bar and grille in the hotel, the food was very good. The shuttle then brought us back to the airport. All and all it was we needed. Friendly service, good food and a great nights sleep. I would highly recommend this hotel for business travelers, people traveling early in the morning who would like to be near the airport and people like us who are totally jet lagged and cant imagine going another step.

• Liked — Comfortable accommodations
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank JMJohnson73
Seattle
Reviewed July 25, 2006

On a return layover from London, England (May, 2006) I needed a place to lay my head before reaching my final home destination on the West Coast. I booked the Days Inn because it was cheap and offered a jacuzzi tub and refrigerator.

My flight arrived around 4:00 pm. After clearing customs I immediately dialled the hotel and requested their free shuttle service. It took the shuttle around 20-25 minutes to arrive.

The Hotel: The exterior looked like a normal Days Inn, nothing fancy.

The Reception: I entered the hotel to the sound of loud drilling. After a long haul flight I was kind of nervous that this would ruin my sought after sleep. I asked the check-in representative how long the noise was expected to last. He told me that they were in the process of renovating their dining room and this work only carried on during the day, ending around 6:00 pm. I asked him for a quiet room far away from the drilling and he had no problem finding one. There didn't seem to be many hotel guests.

The Room: The room was large enough with a full bed and a pull-ou sofa. The jacuzzi was in the living area of the room and you could access it from the bathroom or living area. It was very large and I enjoyed being able to soak in it.

The fridge was rather old and outdated as was the counter and sink above it.

Overall, for the money it was a decent night's stay for what I paid ~$79 dollars. The last time I had a layover here however, I stayed at the Hilton Suites (~$89) and I would by far recommend the Hilton to the Days Inn.

• Liked — Jacuzzi Tub
  • Disliked — On-going Renovation Noise
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank travelbugbynight
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 6, 2006

What a beautiful place! Ever since they began remodeling its been looking wonderful. I can't wait to stay there with my girlfriend when the place completely done! Its still open to guests even though there remodeling though because I've been there a couple times every time I visit Detroit city. The prices are awesome considering all the high hotels around that area. Great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2006