“Great Value!”

Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Value!”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed an entire week here and was very pleased. They have a very small coin operated laundry area on site and a very decent restaurant/bar. It's near the airport, so that means convenience if you're flying, small amount of noise if you're not. The rooms were in decent shape, a bit better than what you'd expect for a budget hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the restaurant, especially if it's a weekend stay.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
CHIPPEWA FALLS
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stay here often when on sales calls. It is exceptionally clean, has a great restaurant and bar. A nice selection for breakfast and is not a budget breaker. Anytime I am in the area I stay here for the evening and feel safe and treated well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tecumseh ON
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Have stayed at several places on Merriman Rd. with a Park and Fly special. Staing on Middlebelt rd. Days Inn was head and shoulders above the rest. Noticed 2 airplane pilots ahead of me checking in so I felt comfortable at the time.
The rooms which apparently are renovated were superioir to anything on Merriman Rd.Two nicely furnished queens with a very nice bathroom.
The bar provided a real nice atmosphere for our party of 8 the night before leaving for March break. The service was excellent and the waitress learned how to "Fatty-Up" our drinks! Very enjoyable.
Transportation to the airport was right on time in the morning and waited 5 minutes at most on our return to Detroit. Arriving back at the hotel our car was parked right out in front and we were off in a flash. The Very Best Park and Fly experience in our 10 or more years of doing this on March Break!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Decent Hotel. Very Close to DTW (and YES, you can hear the planes landing and taking off) & rental car return location. Comfortable king bed. Decent free breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RickyJ63
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Having learned my lesson earlier on during my trip across the USA, I went online and booked my Hotel room once I knew where I would be ending up, this location had good reviews so I booked... I received my confirmation and figured it would be all good... I arrived at the Hotel, they were quite busy being so close to the Airport, when I finally made it to the reception I found out that my reservation had not made it to them. :-/

I was fortunate that they still had rooms available, or so I thought... Everything looked great at first, nice clean room, well lit, great wireless internet... They had a Restaurant (Wings) on site, so I ordered some food from there (which I'll write a review on in a sec)... Then it came time to goto sleep, between the guy in the room above me walking back and forth / running the water / getting in and out of bed, then the people standing outside talking, the passing sirens of Emergency Vehicles, and Jet engines... it took me HOURS to finally get to sleep!

I was on the second floor facing the front of the Hotel.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, insist on a room on the TOP FLOOR and it be facing the BACK of the Ho...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Avistow
Bayfield, Canada
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel the night before i left for holidays price was great and you get too leave your car parked their untill you get back in the room price. Food was good in restrant and reasonable price you even got taken and picked up from airport in the price great value for you dollar rooms were clean.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Peter G
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed here on Feb. 21 only because I missed the connecting flight out of Detroit due to mechanical problems in Houston- and the airline gave me a voucher to stay here. The problems started when trying to get a shuttle from the airport to the hotel- took almost an hour and involved several phone calls- always with "it should be there in 10 minutes". The check-in process went OK, in spite of the long line. I dropped my briefcase off in the room [my suitcase still in the possession of the airline] and headed for the hotel restaurant- because it was late and I didn't want to venture out. I ordered a martini and it seemed like it was watered down. The food was tolerable at best [rather greasy fish and chips]. The service by the waitress was actually pretty good. The hotel and the room had very low ceilings- dark and depressing. The bathroom was very spartan- nothing but a hair dryer, a bar of soap, and a shampoo. But, the worst thing was the pillows. While there were four on the bed, they were all bad- small, hard, not comfortable. The room was very cold- at one point I could hear the wind whistling around the windows- to the point where I checked twice to make sure the window wasn't open [it wasn't] but when I ran the heater, it was very noisy and I was quickly too hot. So I slept very little that night. I checked out the complimentary breakfast the next morning but everything looked poor and I tried a biscuit from the biscuit and gravy offering but it was hard and crumbled in my hands. I decided to have only a cup of coffee and left on the next shuttle back to the airport. I would never stay at a Days Inn unless I had no other choice- and I'll let the airline know this too.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business