“Great Renovated Hotel”

Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel is renovated and the rooms are great. We had a wonderful room with great bathroom. It was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast starts early for the early birds who have to catch early flights. I was most grateful for that as we needed to be out by 5:30 a.m. Their breakfast started at 4:30 a.m. They offered up everything from eggs, sausage to waffles and toast. I recommend this hotel for people wanting to have a great room and breakfast before they catch their flight. But is also a great hotel for other people too.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DetroitStar48226
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

On behalf of the entire Elite Team and myself, we thank you for choosing the newly renovated Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport and happy to see you've experienced first hand the unmatched amenities and services and we look forward to your return and will continue exceeding your expectations over and over. thank you for recognizing our exclusive BOB EVAN breakfast!! As a travelers Choice 2014 certificate of excellence winner, we are always looking for ways to give our guests the best possible experience

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Friday May 23rd before an early morning flight out of DTW.

The hotel was easy to get to off of the I94. Check in was very easy and the staff was courteous, friendly and attentive.

I got the park and sleep package so after check-in I received my parking vouchers and took the short drive down to Airline Parking. It was literally less than a 1 minute drive. The staff there was great as well. The window attendant told me to follow one of the buses as he drove to the nearest empty spot, I parked my car jumped in the bus and he had me back at the hotel in less than 5 minutes.

The hotel room was very spacious, clean and very quiet. I didn't hear a sound all night. The best part about this hotel is that is begins serving breakfast at 4:oo am (hot breakfast to boot) so those that have an early flight can still eat something before heading out. They have a waffle-maker, eggs, toast, bagels, cereal, etc. Very tasty.

Overall, i would gladly stay at this hotel again. For the 9 hours we spent there before the flight it was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

On behalf of the entire Elite Team and myself, we thank you for choosing the newly renovated Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport and happy to see you've experienced first hand the unmatched amenities and services and we look forward to your return and will continue exceeding your expectations over and over. This is what we do best, customer satisfaction. As a travelers Choice 2014 certificate of excellence winner, we are always looking for ways to give our guests the best possible experience

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed the night here before flying out the next morning. Bought a package that included parking for the week while I was away. The room was exceptional, though I didn't get much chance to enjoy it. Having the breakfast included is also great as I can get a good breakfast. After checking out, drove over to the parking lot with the parking vouchers issued at the front desk and away I went. Very impressed with the setup. Hotel is easy to get to. Would definitely do this again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

We're pleased to see you've enjoyed our multi million dollar newly renovated Signature Comfort Inn metro Airport and also our partner, Airlines Parking....where 1st class service is provided and friendly, gated and secure parking and convenient shuttle service where you never have to wait since the shuttles circulate every 2-3 minutes 24 hours a day.

When we say Five star accommodations and First Class service......at the Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport......WE MEAN IT!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Clean quiet rooms for price. Taxes in was less than $100 for one person. Close to DTW airport and free shuttle. Night audit manager Josh M. was very professional and courteous. He went out of his way to provide useful information and assistance.

Room Tip: Away from highway and elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Cathy, on behalf of my Elite team and myself, we thank you for choosing our brand new Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport where unmatched service and amenities are provided. Going above and beyond and out of our way is what we at the Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport are famous for as you can see from previous reviews.

We welcome you back in the near future and we promise to always go above and beyond on every single stay.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My small group stayed here last week and was absolutely delighted with the accommodations. We have used several other properties in the area, and this was by far the best. The staff is justifiably proud of their refurbished hotel and very eager to do whatever they can to accommodate guests' particular needs. The decor is calming and the public areas pleasantly quiet. My folks particularly complimented the breakfast, cleanliness, and warmth of the staff.
There is a small but nicely equipped exercise room, but no pool. Restaurants are nearby, but we all ate quite adequately in the hotel's bar/lounge--which, by the way, is very reasonably priced.
I did mention my own concerns about the external appearance of the property and smoking stations being too close to the entrance and was informed by the GM that a complete redesign of the exterior was about to begin. Even before that is completed, this is a top value hotel in its class. It's not a luxury hotel and doesn't pretend to be, but I doubt you'll find a better choice in this tier. We'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

I see you've experienced first hand our Five Star Service and 1st Class accommodations and unmatched amenities at the Multi Million dollar renovation at the Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport where we pride ourselves in exceeding your expectations...guaranteed!

We look forward to your return to your "Home away from Home" Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I am a diamond member and stay at many choice hotels but I never felt so appreciated and greeted with an amazing smile from a front desk clerk Chelsea. She was able to help me with all my questions and recognized my elite status which is very important to me. I will definitely be back to the comfort inn. Maybe make it a new home.

Room Tip: end hallway is always best but it is pretty peaceful place there
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

dear Aaron, As they always say, a leader is only as good as his team....so, as the leader of this establishment...instead of taking the full credit, I would like to personally thank my Elite team for their effort and for helping me guarantee the satisfaction of every guest. My team and myself pride ourselves in providing unparalleled service offered exclusively at the signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport. We do what we do because we care! Thank you and look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Comfort Inn at the Metro Airport in Romulus, MI has become the place to stay when I travel to that area of Michigan. Under the operation of Manager Davin Bacall, the hotel is newly renovated with modern a modern lobby, restaurant and gym. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished with all appliances, new comfortable,restful beds and pillows. The staff is friendly and professional with exceptional service, always making you feel welcomed. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I have found that they are all good when I have stayed there!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

On behalf of my Elite team and myself, thank you for choosing the MULTI MILLION DOLLAR NEWLY RENVOATED SIGNATURE COMFORT INN METRO AIRPORT where five star service and first class accommodations is provided at its best...and beyond!

Like I always tell my Elite team over and over...a leader is only as good as his team....so, as the leader of this establishment...instead of taking the full credit, I would like to personally thank my Elite team for their effort and for helping me guarantee the satisfaction of every guest. My team and myself pride ourselves in providing unparalleled service offered exclusively at the signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport. We do what we do because we care! Thank you and look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Radisson Hotel Detroit Metro Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus
Four Points by Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Comfort Inn Metro Airport? Share your experiences!