“Nice surprise”

Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Rarely stay at airport hotels but due to bad weather and early flight decided to.. Found this place to have been recently renovated. Our room actually had never been used so was an extra bonus for us. Room met our needs and parking deal that came with it really made it great.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CindyMichigan
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

On behalf of my Elite Team and myself, Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Comfort Inn Metro Airport, Where we provide our unmatched First Class Hospitality....served at its best!

Surprising our guest, exceeding their expectations an going above and beyond may be rare to certain hotels but its the way of our daily operation here at the Signature Comfort Inn Metro Airport. Our unmatched accommodations and Five star accommodations is what makes us rise to the top..and helps us stay there.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have stayed here before but were pleasantly surprised that it has undergone a multimillion dollar renovation recently. Our room was spacious with a whirlpool tub in the bedroom. The bathroom had a large shower, quartz counter top and lowflo toilet.
The staff there is always friendly and helpful.
This is a great location for a flight from DTW as they have parking and a shuttle to the airport all at a reasonable price.
The renovation to the restaurant is not yet complete but they still managed to supply a continental breakfast.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and id was quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Grandma jen, I see you've experienced first hand our Five Star Accommodations at the Newly Renovated Signature Comfort inn Metro Airport......First class hospitality is all we know....and First Class Amenities is all we offer, and our Signature Five Star Accommodations is what we're all about.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

After a very tough drive through 2-3 hours of snowstorm in early January, we were grateful to arrive at Comfort Inn. As experienced previously, our reception at front desk was warm and proper. We were also there while renovations were going on - but our experience was much more positive than a previous reviewer's, perhaps because it was 5 days later than their return.
The first big gift was that Freddie at the front desk volunteered to carry a box of mine that needed returning to the car in the storm! Thanks Freddie! The next gift was that we were also offered a room on the almost renovated 3rd floor --- but the room was WONDERFULLY NEW AND PERFECT! Even without carpet on the hall floor from the elevator to the room.... The very early morning breakfast was a great treat - so much to choose from, even with incomplete flooring and plastic hanging. We had one glitch: we were promised at the front that our friend (who had not arrived with us because of the snow storm) would still be able to park there - and when she finally arrived, staff had changed and there was no record of this promise. So we paid more parking fee than we had expected because she had to pay for parking next door. Get it in writing! :-) We will gladly stay there for our next trip OUT OF DETROIT AIPORT.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

On behalf of my Elite Team and myself, we would like to thank you for choosing the newly renovated Signature Comfort inn metro Airport......where 1st class hospitality Is served at its best!

I am happy to see that you've experienced first hand our Signature Five Star Accommodations and we look forward to your return and will continue exceeding your stay over and over!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had an early flight out one morning and decided to stay close to airport due to bad weather. Staff was very friendly. Loved the early breakfast. Most hotels don't start breakfast that early. Close to airport, made it easy for early morning flight. Will stay here again if I have an early flight.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Kim, Thank you for making the right choice in choosing the newly renovated Comfort Inn Metro Airport, where we provide our unmatched 1st class hospitality and accommodations!

What we do, and what we offer is unmatched here at the Detroit Metro Airport....because everything we do, we do it because we care....hospitality is all we do...is all we know.....Comfort inn Metro Airport welcomes you back in the near future and will exceed your expectations over and over.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed Dec. 19 and Dec. 31 on the way to and from Disney World. First, the positives - the front desk staff is very nice and breakfast starts at 4 a.m. which is very helpful.

The hotel was under renovation - had I known this, I would have stayed elsewhere, since there is certainly no shortage of hotels in the area. The dining area where breakfast was served is sealed off with transparent heavy plastic and you could see the piles of rubble behind, where I was told the restaurant used to be and I assume will be again. It was surreal. I had also planned to eat here since we were arriving late and leaving early. Fortunately, we were able to order in.

On the first night, I drove myself to the park and fly which is less than five minutes away and was brought back immediately by the park and fly shuttle. It was very easy and I had never done this before. They did not have our reservation which we made through Park and Fly, so this made check-in lengthy, although I had a print-off of our reservation. They were finally able to give us the last double room they had and were very pleasant. Our room was on the second floor and was very dated with an old-style tube TV and a bit shabby but I was willing to make it work for one night with the car already parked and a flight in 10 hours. Maybe 1.5 star, maybe. I wouldn't let the kids walk on the carpet in their bare feet.

On our return, we were arriving mid-night on New Year's Eve, and I was very hesitant about staying here again, but our car was already parked through them and I felt somewhat reassured since I had requested and been told we had a renovated room, that morning. We were put on the third floor and when the elevator opened and we stepped out, I felt like we were in a bad movie. There were piles of building material - rubble, and the carpet had been ripped up from the floor leaving bare, dirty looking concrete.with bits of old carpet backing clinging to it. It was mid-night and we were exhausted so although I felt sure a mistake had been made and we were on the wrong floor, we continued down to our room. Lots of partying could be heard so we knew there were other people on the floor.

Our room had been renovated but the mattresses were very hard, the low-quality fitted sheets were designed for a smaller mattress so there was lots of bare mattress showing on the sides and there was one thin blanket and a runner on each bed. The pillows were flat. My eight year old was exhausted so I left her coat on her and put her to bed. The room was freezing, then became unbearably hot. The fumes from all the renovating were unbearable so we slept with the window open and the heat on. Crazy.

There was at least a 1.5 inch gap under the door to the carpet-less hall and you could see the bright lights of the hall around the entire door, it fit in the frame so poorly. Needless to say, we heard everything from the halls and from other rooms.

Knowing we were there for 8 hours only and that the car was still at the park and fly, we went to sleep with our coats over us.

The price was good and the breakfast started early, so coupled with the very good reviews here, I chose the Comfort Inn. The newly renovated bathrooms are much nicer than that of the first room and the appearance of the room is an improvement. I have stayed at other Comfort Inns and this was not usually nice, just what you would expect. The beds were worse than average and certainly nothing like a Four Points at Sheraton which was only about $10 a night more. I am more than a little curious about all the very nice reviews - having stayed in both kinds of room, how was their experience so different than mine?

Even once renovations are complete, other hotels will still have much more comfortable beds.
I would be hard-pressed to stay here again when there are so many other options

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Cooler Mama 37, on behalf of my Elite team and myself, we have GOOD NEWS!.... As of Feb 1st, 2014 , WE ARE NOW FULLY RENOVATED...EVERY ROOM....EVERY CORRIDOR...COUPLED WITH OUR FIVE STAR ACCOMMODATIONS... we are inclining to become the premier hotel in the Detroit Metro Airport, where 1st class hospitality is served at its best, and beyond!

I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations....we pride ourselves in providing unmatched service, accommodations and amenities and we back it up with the product and personal customer service we offer. Please Contact me directly at 734-326-2100 and ask for the GM so I makes sure you experience our Signature Five Star accommodations...whether in person while lodging or by phone....your satisfaction is guaranteed!

Happy to see you've enjoyed our parking partner services AIRLINES PARKING.....safe, secure and friendly service and only less than 1 minute away from the hotel.

Our newly renovated rooms are equipped with the best PILLOW TOP MATTRESSES by SERTA. Our SIGNATURE FIVE STAR ACCOMMODATIONS and the UNMATCHED list of amenities that we offer helped us become the Premier and the exclusive Comfort Inn Metro Airport where we provide FIVE STAR ACCOMMODATIONS in a midscale level brand. We look forward to your return...and I encourage you to return if you would like to receive the following: 1st class hospitality...newly renovated in house bar and grille, immaculate clean rooms and an endless list of amenities for you to enjoy.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had an early flight and thought it would be a good idea to stay in a hotel close to the airport with all the crazy snow we have been having. Not only was it a good idea it was a great hotel. Everyone was very friendly and the shuttle took us right to the airport in the am and we didn't have to fuss with the parking at the airport! Thanks we will be doing this again!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Troy, I am very happy to see that my Elite team and myself exceeded your expectations and made the start of your trip a great start.

I see you've experienced our EXCLUSIVE Signature Five star accommodations by the Elite team of Comfort inn Metro Airport and our parking partner Airlines Parking where we provide 1st class hospitality at its best and beyond!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were a group of 4 couples and booked 2 double rooms the night before and the night we returned from our 9 day vacation. We were given rooms close together on the third floor...perfect. The rooms were newly renovated. We allowed,to park our vehicles on site which was very convenient. Breakfast starting at 4 am worked perfect for us as we had an early morning flight. The front desk went out of their way to ensure all was well...we will be back if flying from Detroit. Doval great job!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

On behalf of my Elite team and myself, thank you for choosing the Newly renovated Comfort Inn Metro Airport, where 1st class hospitality is served at its best!

Glad to see you've experienced first hand our exclusive signature FIVE STAR ACCOMMODATIONS and utilized our parking partner AIRLINES PARKING for your parking needs.

We look forward to your return to the Newly renovated Comfort inn metro Airport.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Radisson Hotel Detroit Metro Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus
Four Points by Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Comfort Inn Metro Airport? Share your experiences!