“Stay and park hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Davison, Michigan
“Stay and park hotel”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is the hotel that I usually stay at when flying out of Metro Airport early in the morning. The hotel is in the middle of remodeling and my room was almost like staying in a brand new hotel. When I went to the lobby I hear another guest complaining about the loud noise from the remodeling going on at 9:30 at night. While I had no issues I would recommend you ask for a room away from the remodeling. Breakfast is a little about average but the only hotel I am aware of that starts breakfast at 4 in the morning for early flights. When i returned for pickup I found the van waiting for me at the terminal and the driver even broomed the snow off my car.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for lodging at the Newly renovated comfort inn and using our popular PAR AND FLY PACKAGE unparalleled with any other hotel in the Romulus Metro airport area.

Fresh Hot breakfast (Bob Evans Product) 24 hour shuttle the minute you call us we're there to pick you up, 50 mg lightning speed internet, fully renovated fitness center, Business center to print anything and fax anything (complimentary) and providing unparalleled hospitality with our SIGNATURE FIVE STAR ACCOMMODATIONS. Thanks again for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Grand Bend, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Received impeccable customer service upon arrival. Speedy service, free room upgrade, and a complimentary bottle of wine!

No issues with parking at all.

Great recommendations for places to eat.

Would return in a heart beat. Coupons were also given for a discount with the next reservation. I don't think our experience could be any better. Thank you.

Room Tip: There are in the middle of renovating, try to ask for a room on the main floor, or wherever they hav...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
I see that you've experienced first hand our SIGNATURE FIVE STAR ACCOMMODATIONS......where hospitality is served at its best by the entire Experienced Elite Team always available to accommodate guests and solves any minor glitches to make sure we exceed your expectations and beyond!

We look forward to your return in the near future to the Newly renovated Comfort Inn Metro Airport
London, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel had excellent service, great location and stay. Wanted to point out extreme great service from Freddie Pattah from the Front Desk. They were in the middle of renovations and he put us in the new rooms that were complete. He was very accommodating and would go out of his way to make our stay that much more enjoyable, relaxing and easy. Thanks again Freddie!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
On behalf of my entire Elite team and myself, thank you for lodging with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay.

On your next trip, please ask for me (GM) and I will personally upgrade you to our fully renovated deluxe rooms that comes with a free champagne or wine bottle (of your choosing) and I will make sure you receive and experience our SIGNATURE Five Star accommodations and you will then realize that this is not a motel...this is a PREMIER HOTEL where FIRST CLASS HOSPITALITY is served at its best....AND BEYOND!
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed in this hotel about 10 years ago and it was a dump. I stayed again because we got a great rate and all I needed was a shower and pilow. But when we walked in, the place was being completely renovated. It looks great. Our room was newly renovated and it was excellent. It's not the Four Seasons, but it's a great Comfort Inn. Friendly staff, good breakfast and solid WiFi. Free 24hr airport shuttle.

One drawback... nothing you can walk to for food or drink. There are vending machines, but you'll have to rely on delivery for food if you don't have a car.

They have menus in the lobby. We ordered pizza and salad and ir came in 25-30 min.

• Stayed January 2014
Bob, thank you for choosing to lodge at the Premier and Newly renovated Comfort Inn Metro Airport Where hospitality is served at its best, and exceeding expectations is what my Elite team and myself are great at.

Happy to see you've enjoyed what the Multi million dollar renovation had to offer and you haven't even seen much...in less than two weeks, our Upscale and renovated IN HOUSE Bar and Grille will open and will have the finest and great food selections for you to enjoy. It was our pleasure having you with us and will look forward to your future return to our hotel.
Lewistown, PA
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The hotel is under renovation and has installed flat screen tvs and are working on a new lobby. We stayed there as the renovation was ongoing. I was most impressed by the level of caring by the management. I stay in hotels at least 30 nights a year and have rarely interacted with any management. After check in, they personally came to the room to make sure everything was fine. The hotel is convenient to the airport and to the Henry Ford Museum (about 10 miles way mostly via highway). Highly recommend this is if you are in the greater Detroit area. The area is safe and well lit and the hotel is a nice place at a good price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Elroy, on behalf of my entire Elite staff and myself, thank you for lodging at the premier and new Comfort Inn Metro Airport. Where Hospitality is served to its highest level.

Like in the movie field of dreams....when you build it.....they will come. Well, Every inch of this hotel has been renovated and brand new and now with a brand new in house bar and grille restaurant for our guest to enjoy. We do what we do.....because we care!

Thank you for lodging at the Premier and New Comfort Inn Metro Airport....providing Five Star Hospitality...and nothing else.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Recent stay had some issues but rest assure manager goes over and beyond to make sure all is settled . Can't say I have ever had a manager do this! Restaurant is under Reno but they still offer a super free breakfast which I will say is one of the better ones I've ever had. Tried to edit my previous review but site won't allow . Kudos to a manager who takes the time to please!

• Stayed December 2013
Beverly, I can see that you've received our SIGNATURE FIVE STAR ACCOMMODATIONS by our Elite team. We are glad that we've exceeded your expectations and we look forward to accommodate your lodging needs in the near future. Thank you.
London, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 19 years ago when we were heading to our wedding in St Lucia. I believe the excellent upgrade just completed is the first one since. I stayed at this Comfort Inn utilizing Park n Fly in mid November. I felt like I was staying in a brand new hotel due to the renovations completed. The restaurant was not yet done, but looked like it will be a really good one. They still provided a good breakfast for the price.
The parking is off site, but it was close and upon return to Detroit a shuttle was waiting.
I highly recommend this location for your next stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark F
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Mark, on behalf f my entire Elite staff and myself.....thank you for lodging at the PREMIER and NEWLY RENOVATED Comfort Inn metro Airport.

Glad to see that you've experienced first hand our five star accommodations and happy that you enjoyed our parking services which is utilized by AIRLINES PARKING.....safe, secure and friendly service.

our newly renovated BAR AND GRILLE will be completed by Jan 10th, 2013 and you will enjoy the best of the best quality food and service....GUARANTEED! We hope to see you in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Comfort Inn Metro Airport? Share your experiences!