“The customer service is astounding”

Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“The customer service is astounding”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I am having an awesome time here; Doval Bacall, the general manager is so pleasant & wonderful, incredibly funny and he just has so much character & personality and Elizabeth is extremely awesome & kind as well. I have stayed at 6 different hotels around the Detroit Airport and this is by far the best & friendliest customer service I have received. As a matter of fact, this is the nicest I have been treated at any hotel I have ever been to - I have been running in & out of the hotel many times today & they always have kind words to say to me and have been checking in to ensure I am having a great stay. Upon check-in, Elizabeth helped me with my laptop and I asked for her opinion on places to dine and she gave her input with kindness and gathered several menus for me. There is also a sincerity about these two that I simply adore. Plus, I have been having a really, truly rough couple of days and these two made me laugh & smile so much - it really turned everything around for me. They are going above and beyond and I am pleased to write this review and would very much like them to receive recognition.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank internationalme1
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
I am happy that me and my FIVE STAR ELITE TEAM helped make your day. Thank you for chosing to stay with us and hope to see you in the near future.

Your Elite Team at the NEW Comfort Inn Metro Airport....Midscale hotel with FIVE STAR quality service and amenities.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I have used comfort inn metro airport 3 time and have had great experiences each time. This time was no exception. We like this hotel because it is a great price and the park and fly is simple and accurate. Other pluses for this hotel are the breakfast starts early (4am) this is earlier than most hotels in the area and is great for early flights. Its also has a small gym that is good enough for a quick workout (treadmill and bike). The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, the price is right. I am not sure what you could complain about. We will continue to use this hotel when using DTW and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Kimmel,

Thank you for choosing the New Comfort Inn Metro Airport.....as we are undergoing Major renovation.....Every inch of this hotel will be Brand New....to top it off......we will continue to have the best prices for park and fly packages and will continue to add amenities and incentives for the same low price.....

laundry list of incentives and amenities......unbeatable price for the value of service we provide every guest.
West Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while in Detroit for Orion Music and More at Belle Isle. No Choice Hotels downtown.

Only spent 6000 points to get a king suite with hot tub which was great.

Was recognized by the manager as a Platinum member and was given a reserved parking spot right outside the front door.

Hotel has bar in lobby, but did not have a license at the time of my visit. Breakfast was ok.

Short walk to gas station, McDonalds, and bars, 20 minute drive into downtown.

Rooms were ok, will be nicer when the renovation is complete.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
From everyone at the Comfort Inn Metro Airport, thank you for choosing our hotel and your comment gives us joy when we know we've satisfied our guest.

Proud to see that our FIVE STAR ELITE TEAM made you feel important and accommodated you to the best of their abilities.....this is what we do. Our guest satisfaction is our top priority. Thanks again and we look forward to accommodate your lodging needs in the future.
lowell, mi
Reviewed June 6, 2013

On a recent airline adventure we were advised by friends to enjoy the parking and shuttle provided by the DTW Comfort Inn. We enjoyed the relaxed evening prior to our departure, excellent breakfast and shuttle. Upon our return we discovered as a result of a communication error our car was parked at the wrong shuttle lot. Maroun was the manager on duty and when presented with the situation immediately resolved it to our satisfaction. I am a tour manager for a Grand Rapids travel company and you can not do better than to enjoy the rooms and customer service proviided by the Metro Airport Comfort Inn of Romulus MI. Jack

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Jack,

Thank you for staying with us and happy to see that you experienced first hand our FIVE STAR quality service and our ELITE TEAM that go above and beyond to satisfy you...and even when you're satisfied, WE WILL STILL GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO CONTINUE YOUR SATISFACTION.

This is our way of expressing that the value of money is not more important than the value of our guests... YOU!

We hope to see you in the near future as our multi million dollar renovation comes to a completion.....we will be the PROTO TYPE COMFORT INN.
Show Low, Arizona
Reviewed June 4, 2013

.I just wanted to say Thank You to the night desk clerk, Cynthia, she is a great employee, and made this frazzeled traveler feel much calmer. I was also greatful that there was a good place to eat right in the lobby. I would recommend this hotel. I also want to give a special thanks to J J the shuttle driver. He took the time to take me to get diaper's for my grandson eventhough he was extremely busy. Great guy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We're excited to see our guests experiencing our FIVE STAR SERVICE....which is what sets us apart from other hotels in the area....WE CARE about our guests...and your satisfaction is a proof that we've done our job.

Cynthia is the newest member to join our Exclusive team here at the NEW COMFORT INN METRO AIRPORT, she's a rising star already.

Thanks again and hope to see you in the near future.

Five Star Elite Mgmt
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My first time lodging at this comfort inn...All i can say is i really felt like i was at home. The staff really go out of their way to make you feel like royalty.I will definitely be staying here again and would recommend to anyone.Also their renovations are coming out very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the NEW COMFORT INN METRO AIRPORT....I see that you've experienced our FIVE STAR SERVICE provided by our ELITE TEAM MEMBERS...... Royalty treatment is all we provide here and we will still try to find a way to go above and beyond the royalty treatment.

Here at THE NEW COMFORT INN METRO AIRPORT.....WE DO THIS BECAUSE WE CARE! Hope accommodate your lodging needs in the near future as you can see we've already began our MEGA RENOVATION to provide luxury and comfort all at the same time.

FIVE STAR ELITE MGMT
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Even though this hotel is undergoing renovations, it was clean and the staff was professional, helpful and went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. The location of this facility was extremely convenient to the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Glad to see that ANOTHER SPECIAL GUEST experienced our Exclusive ELITE STAFF MEMBERS THAT CARE and as always.....went above and beyond to guarantee guest satisfaction!

Aside from the Major Renovations currently in process.....we strive to provide nothing but IMMACULATE CLEAN ROOMS and that is thanks to our Elite Housekeeping staff members and our superstar supervisor that guarantees the cleanliness.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus

Been to Comfort Inn Metro Airport? Share your experiences!