“Great service,welcoming and friendly front desk staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Metro Airport

Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great service,welcoming and friendly front desk staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had originally booked my
Stay at the best western down the street and could not find the hotel..I walked into the comfort inn and was greeted by a gentleman named Allen#1 who guided me towards the best western but eventually convinced me to stay at there hotel.I canceled my reservation with best western and booked a park and ride with them.This gentleman gave me a great deal and helped me with my luggage(as I am older in age and could not handle it on my own) he satisfied my every request as I'm known to be a tough cookie to please he made sure I was happy with my room and made sure I was comfortable throughout my stay.I would recommend this hotel to all of my family and friends bc of the excellent staff.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Comfort Inn Metro Airport!
We are very pleased to hear that you chose to book with hotel instead of our competitors and that we satisfied your needs while you stayed with us. Thank you so much for your recommendations and we hope that you will book with us on your next stay in the greater Detroit Metro Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Kingsville, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We recently stayed here with the park & fly package. We arrived around 7 pm and checked in and went to the restaurant for dinner and drinks and had to keep our coats on and they do not have a liquor license so we could not get a drink. The fireplace in the restaurant was not working as the breaker would blow if they tried it. They have new owners and need to look into keeping the front door shut when it's cold out and cleaning the trash out of the front entrance. It was dirty, wet and cold in the lobby, front desk area. We only sleeped her for 4 hrs, thank god and left around 4am to catch our flight. There wasn't even coffee on for us freezing soles. How hard is it to fill a pot every 1/2 hour. The shuttle service was fine.

Room Tip: Stay at the Four Point Sheraton or the La Quinta for an economical stay and fly package.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank OntCanuk1
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
We are currently undergoing a change in ownership, and with that, the hotel must apply for a new liquor license. This is usually a quite lengthy process, but we hope to have one as soon as possible.
If you voice these concerns to the front desk the next time you stay, we would be happy to make accommidations for you to have liquor of your chosing.
Also, we are undergoing a series of renovations in order to fix the problems such as our fireplace and heating, as well as give the hotel a "face lift", however we do apologize for any and all inconveniences and hope that you would be willing to give us another chance to prove our dedication to our customers.
Schoolcraft, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

The convenience of the Park and Fly was good and the early morning breakfast was good as well. With that said, the property is in need of major updates, especially the rooms. The shower in our King Jacuzzi room was the absolute worse I had ever experienced. We could not leave the room heater on because even on the low cool setting it just blasted out hot, hot air. I wanted to voice my concern at check out, however the employee at the front desk was on the phone arguing with what appeared to me to be a vendor. He ran all the paper work and handed me my receipt without hardly even looking at me. We will not stay here again. I will be letting Delta Vacations know of my discontent as this property was recommended off their website.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shari M
Thank for you taking the time to write a review of our hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback!
And we hope you will stay with us again, as we are currently undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation not only to repair our water and heating but also give our hotel a much needed face lift.
Battle Creek, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

On Dec 27, 2012 my husband and I had made reservations to stay here in order to catch a 6am flight to Atlanta. I booked a king room with a Jacuzzi tub and a continental breakfast that started at 4am.
When I checked in the night of the 27th I spoke with a gentleman named Allan (#1 as there are 2 of them working the front desk). I was given my room key and a piece of paper as we had booked it for the park n fly program (of which they are still on the website for) and sent on my way.
Upon getting up the following morning to attend breakfast at 4am, we went to the lobby and waiting for close to 20 minutes while 1 person proceeded to get things for breakfast around. Things that should have been ready to go at 4am and advertised.
We checked out, went to the airlines secured parking, and flew go Atlanta.
Upon returning a week later and picking up our vehicle, we went to check out and low and behold, the parking pass I was given DID NOT belong to the airlines parking lot. I ended paying $58 (discounted thanks to the wonderful manager there) only to find out that the voucher I was given upon check-in a week earlier was for some other unsecured parking lot. I was never told by the front desk that I was to give this voucher to someone in order for THEM to park my car in another off site parking lot where upon my return I would have to come back to the hotel turn the voucher in and wait God know how long for them to return with my car.
My husband and I went to the hotel where I spoke with the manager on duty (Freddie) I explained the situation where he proceeded to tell me that I had parked in the wrong lot. NO KIDDING. I informed him that he had 2 choices. Either reimburse me the $58 or give me his bosses name and his bosses name along with corporate. Needless to say I did not get my money back. So at this time I am in the process of contacting corporate, the Detroit BBB, and the Attorney General for the state of Michigan. Freddie also informed me that I had booked this hotel thru the park, sleep n fly program. This Comfort Inn is still listed on the Detroit Metro Park n Fly website where I got their number from. Also, according to the Airlines Parking Mgr. this hotel is NO LONGER allowed to do business with them as they don't pay them when they should.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank atlantis4170
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
First off, on behalf of the Comfort Inn, we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced upon staying with us.
From my understanding, you mistakenly parked in the parking lot across from the hotel owned by another parking company that we do not partner with. The third party company that we are partnered with is called Valet Connections, located directly across from the check in desk in the lobby of the Comfort Inn. The name of this company is printed on the bottom of the voucher you received at the time of check in, as well as their contact information.
Upon checking in at the front desk, you were instructed to park your car anywhere in our lot and see the host at the Valet Connections desk when you desired to leave your car the morning you flew out of Detroit Metro Airport. From there, Valet Connections would take your keys and move your car themselves to their designated, secure lot; as they are a valet parking service.
When returning from the airport, you would then call Valet Connections, who would dispatch a shuttle to ground transportation of whichever airlines you used. They would bring you back to the Comfort Inn and upon arriving back at the Comfort Inn, your vehicle would be ready and parked in the hotel parking lot, for your convenience.
We were unable to reimburse your $58 due to the fact that not only is Valet Connections a third party company that we work with, but the lot you mistakenly parked was owned by another third party company of which we are not affiliated with. Also, upon checking in with the unaffiliated airline parking you stated you were informed that the voucher given to you was not valid. However, you still parked in that lot, even after given this information. Instead, you have called the hotel and informed them of this discrepancy so the hotel could have guided you to Valet Connections.
In regards to your last comment about the airline parking's feedback to you on the matters of our business arrangement, I would also like to say that the Comfort Inn Metro Airport has changed ownership, and the ties with that company were severed by the previous owners. We solely work with Valet Connections, our premiere parking partner.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was placed in this hotel after Delta bumped me from my flight. I don't know if I got the room I did because I wasn't paying for it, but it was the dirtiest hotel I have stayed in a really long time. Grungy blankets and sheets. Lumpy, barely stuffed pillows. Stained floors. Extremely thin walls. Dingy bathroom, you name it. Not to mention after a very long day of travel all I wanted was a glass of wine before I went to bed only to find out that the new management has not bothered to renew their liquor license so that was not an option. The only reason I didn't rate this place terrible is they did have a free hot breakfast in the morning and the shuttle service is prompt. But there has to be better, still affordable, places to stay near the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Comfort Inn, and on behalf of the hotel and its' staff, we apologize for your inconveniences.
As you had mentioned, we have recently changed ownership. Since this ownership change occurred, the previous liquor license became null and void. The process of obtaining a liquor license is a lengthy process, but a process that we have been involved in since the hotel's transfer; we hope to have our license as quickly as possible.
Our staff, however, as well as our shuttle service, would be more than happy to accommodate our guest with these concerns until our liquor license is granted.
As far as the other concerns you have voiced about the state of our rooms, we are undergoing a multi- million dollar renovation in order to improve upon what the previous owners had failed to maintain.
We sincerely hope to see you again and give you a better impression of the Comfort Inn upon your next stay in the great Detroit area.
oscoda
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have stayed at this motel about 7 times in the past. The last time which was november the 30th, 2012. The room given to us still had the dirty bedding in the floor, beds not made. The motel now has new owners and from what was observed not as clean as in the past. The desk clerk was not helpful, We had two family members in their 90's and ask for room next to each other or across the hall inorder to help them. WE were told no problem, it would be directly across the hall, It was acrosss the hall, but 4 or 5 rooms down from the elderly. Just not near as good as in the past, will not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of the Comfort Inn, thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. As you said, we recently came under new management (about a month previous to your stay). Since your stay however, the staff of the Comfort in have been working tirelessly to improve not only the appearance and cleanliness of the hotel, but guest services as well.
We are about to undergo a multi million dollar renovation and hope to not only give our hotel a needed "face lift" but also improve upon our communication systems in order to ensure guest will never see a dirty room.
We apologize for your inconvenience and hope that you will consider giving the hotel and new management another chance to prove the improvements made, post-renovations.
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was our second stay at the comfort inn. We used the park, sleep, fly service. The valet service is wonderful. Your car is taken as you arrive to the secure parking area and is pulled up to the front door when you arrive back at the hotel. The room was very clean. More than adequate for a short stay. The complimentary breakfast hours are ideal and there was a decent variety of food including hot options. The airport shuttles were on time and arrived very quickly after phoning upon arrival back at the airport. The staff were always pleasant and helpful.
Overall we had a great experience and will continue to use this hotel when flying from Detroit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a response for the Comfort Inn! We not only appreciate your business, but your feedback as well.
It is our goal to accommodate each of our patrons with the best possible service and experience, and we hope to see you back at the Comfort Inn for your next stay in the greater Detroit area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Romulus
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Comfort Inn Metro Airport? Share your experiences!