when my flight was cancelled, I was assigned to this sheraton hotel. and it was already very late on sunday evening. I had originally gone to the area where all rental car and hotel shuttle vans and buses would be. after waiting a while, I decided to call the hotel to see if there would be a shuttle van coming along, I was told by the operator to go back to baggage claim exit #5 and wait for an orange bus. so I went back over the skybridge for exit #5. and once I got there, I saw the orange bus going through the very same place i was waiting previously. naturally, I was not too pleased for missing the bus. and I walked over the skybridge back over again to wait for another bus. I had to wait for almost an hour to finally get on a shuttle bus.
when I had checked in, I had expressed my displeasure and explained my situation (in writing) to the front desk personnel. I asked that he would give the paper that I wrote to the manager and for the manager to be in touch with me in the morning. he gave me the business card of the guest services manager (laura). I wrote her an email that evening. I didn't get a response until I sent another email 3 days later (on wednesday), and was promptly responded by the general manager (sandra). I had given her my telephone number so that she could reach me to discuss the situation.
since then, I had sent her an email after waiting for 10 days. then another email 4 days later. then another email 4 days later. I had waited for a total of 21 days with no response or resolution.
if they really cared about customer service, they would have made sure to respond to my emails as I'd have appreciated a resolution (as the general manager mentioned that she would verify with the persons involved and get back to me as she mentioned that she would like to "talk with me personally). but that has yet to happen. and I was hoping that I wouldn't need to leave such feedback as this one. :o/
I had given 2 stars because the hotel itself, including the room, was really nice. updated guest room decor and bathroom. just wished that the customer experience was better, including the communique with the general manager.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport offers complimentary airport shuttle service and free parking for 8 days while you're traveling. In addition, we have amble event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport Hotel Romulus
- Crowne Plaza Romulus
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Romulus