“Good experience and friendly staff”

Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night. The location es perfect as the hotel is located right off the highway, which is super convenient if you are driving on I75.
I loved the atrium of the hotel. Very nice. The room on the starwood floor, was comfortable and clean. The beds are super comfortable. Staff at the reception were very welcoming and friendly. We brought our dog with us. No pet fee, which is great. Tons of parking and all spots are well lit.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
DTWguestvisitteam, Director of Sales at Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Toronto Traveler,
We're so glad you and your family enjoyed your holiday stay with us. Thanks very much for the feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had to find accommodation urgently in Detroit when a lay over at the airport en route from Chicago to New York became an overnighter because JFK was closed. I was lucky to find accommodation at the Sheraton. Having no luggage I was grateful for the Sheraton's cheerful and professional ability to give me toothbrush, toothpaste, razor and shave cream. The room was comfortable, the bathroom worked well and I enjoyed a good pasta dish from room service. I slept well, had a good breakfast and took the free shuttle to the airport some distance away. The lobby is large and classy with a tall atrium. The rooms are less opulent but absolutely fine. The tariff was steep ($200+) plus but I was glad to pay it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
DTWguestvisitteam, Director of Sales at Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear fatheralbert,
We certainly understand the stress and strain of weather impacted travel and we're so glad we could serve you in your time of need. Thanks for sharing your feedback and hope the trip home went well.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is great. Staff is friendly. They have done a great job of remodeling this place. My one and only complaint was that there was no luggage rack in the room. No where to put your bag.
Other than that my room was clean and the bed was super comfortable. This place defibatly gets an A from me.
Thanks for the nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear MIAcubby,
Thanks for noticing the changes from our renovation a while back. Glad to see you back in the Motor City again and we appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

i've never seen an airport terminal from a hotel hallway before until this place. so cool and practical! it would have been super convenient if we were flying on delta, but it's just a hop, skip, shuttle ride away from the other airline terminals. the amazing thing is, i didn't hear any planes taking off or landing. the atrium looks like a giant zen garden minus the rake. they have penny parking, but NB: you have to pay for that package separately. concierge offered complimentary wifi, yay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DTWguestvisitteam, Director of Sales at Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thanks very much for staying with us and sharing your wonderful comments. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

When I first arrived I was worried that my requested early check in was unavailable, and this may be a sign of the bad weekend ahead. However, the staff was very accomodating and got us a room quickly. We soon found that the tv in our room did not work, and that too was remedied very quickly.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. This is a huge strength for this hotel.
The hotel does need some continued up keep to stay at the standard that Sheraton has. It is certainly not as nice as the Westin Detroit airport, but also is a little cheaper.
Overall I would stay here again, rooms were clean and service was excellent!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony on to the atrium. The balcony is nice. But if you want quiet, stay on...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I recently stayed here for a business trip. You can tell the property is a little older but it makes up for it in customer service and quiet rooms. I am SPG Platnium so they offered me a room on the club level. The lounge was great-besides breakfast they also have evening hours with fruit, cheese and some type of hot appetizer. The staff for the lounge are very courteous and actually check in to see if there is anything they can get you....which does not happen everywhere! Internet is free if you are SPG Platnium as well so that is another added bonus. I had some trouble with the heat in my room and when I called the front desk, they knew exactly what the issue was and within 5 minutes someone was at my door to fix it. Beds are super comfy, especially the pillows. Robes add a nice touch...the only thing I missed was the Sheraton shower gel in the bathroom. They have gone "green" so you can request to get your bill via email...just check it in the morning and drop off your key. Complimentary shuttle to the airport is free and the drivers are very nice, especially when people dont realize that others are trying to get ot the airport and they are taking their sweet old time..."oh you were waiting for us?"...oh the joys of travel. My driver this morning deserves extra kudos as I thought there may have been a mutany from the pilots on the shuttle....due to our "dynamic duo" of cluelessness (its the holidays so watch out!). If I return to this area, I would definately stay at this property again. Good Job Sheraton!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DTWguestvisitteam, Director of Sales at Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thanks for your comments! We certainly understand the stress that can occur when traveling on business and we're delighted to know we helped ease that stress a bit during your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My stay at this property was excellent. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms are very quiet. Most importantly to me the hotel does not spray chemical fragrances in the rooms to clean them. This is very important to me as I am among the 30% of the population that is allergic to these chemical fragrances. This hotel should be commended for its excellent cleaning practices.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback! We'll be sure to share your comments with our housekeeping team. Hope to see you again in the future!