“A must stop for all our trips”
Review of Wheat & Rye

Wheat & Rye
Ranked #4 of 81 Restaurants in Romulus
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We always stop at the Wheat & Rye for our over the top huge sandwich, the biggest you every seen! Tip share it with a friend or go in starving as its a meal that will last you for a long plan ride. Great service, sports bar feel, very roomy and busy as every traveler stops in for a meal. Will return very soon, Cheers

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Bartender mixes her own drinks. Not pre-made! Nice and strong. Chase it with a Cajun Berger & fries! Oh yea!

1  Thank Chucl-N-Shelley
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Ok, so I arrive in Detroti and need to stay by the airport as my flight in the morning leaves at 6am. I ask a few people where I shoudl go for dinner and oerwhelmingly they say Wheat and Rye. without qustion, the BIGGEST restuarant choice I've made in the last 18 months ( only one worse was in Toronto where I paid $38 for a burger that was tasteless, over cooked and on stale bread. The only thing this place has going for it is the size of their portions. So, that said, if you're bucking for a heart attack, looking to leave your spouce because you're way too overwieght and may crush them in the heat of the moment or looking to get out of the next day's appointments due to food born illnes...have at her my friend...this is the place! I asked for a simple grilled chees sandwich with grilled onions and tomatoes. It came after 40 minute sof waiting looking like flop of mush bigger than life itself. The sangy wasn't cut right through and the onions were raw. I asked that they please redo and send it the way I ordered it...grilled onion.s It came back (exatly the same sangy as I noted the cut or lack there of) and with semi cooked, steamed or no doubt "NUKED" onions. I opened th sangy up and noted the "processed KRAFT chedder slices (there were three), were not even melted. I asked if they could please redo and give me a "grilled cheese sangy". It came back 1 minute later and though I knew better was starving and took a bite. The bread was cold and the cheese lit my mouth on fire...it was still boiling from the microwave! I was stunned, Upset and demanded my bill. They apologized and noted that it was wrong of them to nuke my sangy taking it off the bill. What a joke. The people next to me ordred the Philly Cheese steak and swore there was more flavor in a McDonald's burger. So, if you want to bulk up on fat, carbs and lousy meet...this is the place. If desparate and have a choice...McDonald's is by far superior and at least you know what you paid for. What a horrible horrible place. Check my adds, I've never trashed a place lik ethis and I'm doing this more as a wakeup call for their management. Lose the processed chees, lose the microwave and spend a little on quality meets. America doesn't thank you for a 2 pound sangy (unless your a starving college student and sharing with 5 others)....we dispise this awful example of a diner/pub!!!

2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Was shuttled here from the airport Sheraton about 10pm on a Friday night for a quick bite to eat. It's a bit of a dive, but the food was great (portions are HUGE) and nobody was murdered while we were there, so I call it a win.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I like this place. I came here hungry.ordered the monster barbeque pork sandwich with a sweet potato fries.wash it down with a blue moon beer. had to stop. Boxed up taking half back to the hotel.