“Monstrous portions!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This place never ceases to amaze me, fresh corned beef, pastrami, and more. For $6.95 you can get a sandwich thats as big as your head! No joke! Near Detroit airport, it looks like a dive bar some of the best food we've ever eaten, hamburgers are fresh handmade patties and delicious, but if you like corned beef, pastrami, etc. then this place is a must go!

2  Thank Corky32

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We kept hearing how great this place is so we finally decided to try it ourselves. What a disappointment. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I was expecting. It is more or less just a neighborhood bar with big giant sandwiches. The sandwich was really too big, fell apart while I was eating it. The service was not that great either. We would rather go to the Merriman Street Grill down the street. Way better food and service. They also keep the temperature very low in there and it was freezing, I kept my jacket on.

3  Thank travelgs
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a must stop if your in the area of Romulus, Michigan It's not an attractive place and it's more of a bar setting than a restaurant, but I have to stop whenever I'm in the area. The Sandwiches are not only the biggest I've had, but they are made with nothing but the best ingredients. They also have several excellent Burgers. The service is always good and they automatically know you will need a "to go" container for you leftovers. Great place to go if your hungry.

2  Thank Resseguie
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Good food, good beer, go company! What more can you ask for! This is a great place to come too! TV's and pool tables are always a plus!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This place has been around forever and occasionally my friends and I will decide to gather there. I'm always left with the same question in my mind. Why did I come here again? It's overpriced and under serviced. Waitstaff comes and goes so it can be hit or miss. Limited selection menu and cheap wine.

Been to Wheat & Rye? Share your experiences!