“Good food. Sketchy service?”
Review of Beirut Restaurant

Beirut Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 83 Restaurants in Romulus
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed February 15, 2010

I had the chicken schwarma with hummus and it was delicious. The rice pilaf was room temp. Perhaps that is how it is customarily served? The salad that preceded the schwarma was yummy.
I had ordered the Meditteranean chicken wings as an appetizer. They arrived well after I had begun eating my main course. I wouldn't bother ordering them again. They were nothing special.
As far as service, I was there at an odd time - just before 5, so they weren't very busy. So maybe the waitresses weren't in their groove, yet. My water was never refilled. It was bone dry. Difficult to get the waitress' attention as she was busy asking the regular customer who sat behind me if he could tell her how to text on her phone. I kept waiting for her to clear my plates and bring my check. Never happened. I finally walked up to the register to signify my desire to pay and leave. I don't know - maybe that's how you're supposed to do it, but I just felt completely ignored. I grew up working in my family's restaurant, so I get the home-y, casual vibe from servers; but the service I received was flat out bad.
I would recommend solely based on the food and tell a friend to be prepared to speak up and ask for good service if they are not getting it.

Reviewed September 9, 2009

So delicious, while we were there we saw a lot of locals ordering lots of carryout orders and also some folks like us eating-in. The portions were huge and the taste and flavors were amazing. Yes it looked like a almost-dive-ish eatery in a strip mall, but the mural on the one wall was really inviting and once we got our food it was so yummy; on a Saturday with absolutely nothing to do, I would consider driving here from Chicago just to grab dinner. They also make raw juices which my partner had the "Cobra" which was a spectacular color from the carrots and the beets. Our friends that were also traveling were leery of the name "Beirut" but changed their mind from our glowing review and subsequently, they tasted it for themselves and agreed.

Reviewed July 1, 2009

We ate there and it was so wonderful and friendly. The portions are so big and you can't possibly eat it all....so bring and appetite...cause you going to need one. They also stuff you with bread and give you some pita bread to bring home....something that would cost you in any other restaurant. They keep the restaurant very clean and neat. It was wonderful. I work for Southwest Airlines as a Flight Attendant...and eat out many times a week.. but this week can't be topped..... Thank you Beirut....I will send all my colleges to you.....lisjlan

Reviewed January 18, 2009

Relatives from northern Michigan were dropping someone off at Metro Airport and wanted to meet us for lunch and then go to the airport. We decided to try Beirut Restaurant.

We sat in the parking lot for 15 minutes and observed a stream of cab drivers and airport workers with badges hanging heading in for carry outs. This place is indeed popular.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We really liked some food and found it above average. Our table of 5 especially liked lentil soup, lamb vegetable soup, and chicken shawarma.

The prices are very reasonable. Many other tables were getting salad, soup, and sandwiches.

Reviewed November 12, 2008

I was staying at a nearby hotel and saw this place driving in. Walked over and
had the most fabulous food. Try the dolma and tabouleh (portions are huge),
couldn't finish it all and couldn't take it with me as I was leaving the next
morning. Next time I am in the area this will be my first stop! The BEST food,
please open one in Massachusetts!

1  Thank mountainmary