“Awesome Awesome Awesome!”

Ranked #2 of 90 Restaurants in Romulus
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed January 24, 2014

You have to eat here. I've had double DTW layovers the month of January and I've eaten at Beirut's every night!
I ordered delivery to my hotel. My friend and I shared the Beirut platter for 2. It was a lot of food and we had a few pieces left over with the rice for lunch the next day until we got back to the hotel to order delivery again for dinner.
By the end of the month we were just going for the steak and chicken kabobs with rice and a small side of hummus. Oh let me tell you about the hummus and pita! The small order fills up the bottom portion of a small to go box. The large order literally is a to go box full of hummus. I make my own hummus at home and this is the best I've ever had. The pita bread I guess they home made. It's thin and slightly chewy and really good. Be sure to try the garlic sauce. If you like garlic and haven't tried garlic sauce you're in for a life changing moment. I ordered extra portion cups just to take some home.
I can't forget the baklava. We ordered the large box for $7-8 to have some with us the next day.
The DTW airport hotels are full of airline crew members who are on layovers or based in Detroit and we know where to eat.
There is a $15 minimum delivery and they add a $2 delivery fee.
Beirut's has made flying out of Detroit in January worth it.

1  Thank jeepinmudgirl

Reviewed January 22, 2014

If you're a fan of middle eastern cuisine check it out. Great salad and shawarma. I'm not glad I got stuck at DTW, but I am happy I found this little gem. By far the best part of my crummy delay.

1  Thank jgiano
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at DTW and this place was recommended by the staff. I was not disappointed. The food is fresh and authentic. The prices are all over the board depending on what you want to eat. I personally had the spinach pies and the chicken shoarma and both were excellent. The place fills up fast; however, you can call ahead and get your food to go if you desire.

This is great find. If you have ever been to Europe or the Middle East, you will appreciate the food quality and broad menu selection.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Awesome tasty food in a simple setting. Good portions and fair prices. Every time our family is anywhere near this restaurant, we plan a visit. I would recommend you do the same.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

At first glance I wasn't sure how good the food would be, but I was pleasantly surprised. The vegetarian grape leaves were great! Our waitress was helpful and pleasant. A very good meal, food was fresh and made to order. I would recommend his place, for lunch or dinner.

Been to Beirut Restaurant? Share your experiences!