“Great find in a strip mall...”
Review of Beirut Restaurant

Beirut Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 79 Restaurants in Romulus
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Great find in a strip mall...”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Staying at one of the DTW airport hotels for a night, my wife and I came in here for dinner. It's a "hole-in-the-wall"...a smaller place in a strip mall north of the hotels. As such, it's not particularly large, so it can get crowded pretty quickly. It's also not an upscale restuarant...if you're looking for a fancier "experience", you won't get it here. You will get a lot of very good food for the price. We got a platter for two...we could have fed three.

Some previous reviews had called the service into question. Maybe those were "bad nights"...everyone we dealt with was courteous and helpful. However, there were only two servers...and as they got busier, service slowed noticeably. Even in a relatively small space, a full house could have used an extra set of hands to help with the tables. Seems like a family operation, so a small staff may be by design.

I'm coming back if/when I'm in the area again...and making sure I'm very hungry before I get there!

• Visited August 2011

Pittsburgh, PA
“Good,fresh food for a good price”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I'll have to agree with much of the sentiment here: It doesn't look like much from the outside and the inside is a bit tired. The service is slow ( I think only one of the owners was waiting tables when I went during a busy lunch period).

But the food is good! The food is fresh! I had a huge falafel sandwich and a cup of lemon chicken soup and both were very good. And less than $8! I didn't expect much, but I was pleasantly surprised. They have a sign claiming they take Delta vouchers, so if you are in one of the nearby hotels, this is worth the walk. Calling ahead would be better if you plan take-out.

I will return to this establishment and recommend it to others.

• Visited July 2011
Lindenfels, Germany
“Very good - once you made it inside because it does not look very inviting from outside”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I am from Europe so I am used that you see from the outside what you might expect inside. Honestly spoken: it would not be a restaurant I would just walk-in without the recommendation from Tripadvisor. Inside: a litte undermanned but the watiing time was worth as the food was very authentic and CHEAP.... You can just order the Beirut starter plate and you would be the happiest man on world. I missed only the freshly baked bread. Looking forward to go and have food there again.

• Visited June 2011
“Perfect post-flight falafel”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

For a cheap filling meal before or after the airport,this place hit the spot. Clean restaurant with nice murals and tasty food.

Saskatoon, Canada
“great value for a big group”
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Very tasty meal on the cheap - we got a plate for 8 and easily fed a larger group - including drinks and a good tip we each spent less than $15 for the meal!! Conveniently located (within walking distance) near many of the hotels just north of the Detroit airport. I had a tasty juice smoothy drink too. There were charming colorful murals on the walls, and lots of locals eating there (always a good sign). The staff were friendly. Highly recommended!

• Visited March 2011