Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
$109
$64
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsqwik parkquick parkright next doorstayed herepark and flyupgraded to a suitebagelsparking lotlarge walk in showerfree parkingan early flightpool and hot tubgreat parkeight daysrestaurants within walking distanceother hotelswould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was able to get a room for $115, which included my room for one night and 5 nights parking at Qwikpark. Qwikpark is accessible without leaving the parking lot, so you can park your car upon arrival if you have to fly out early (their shuttle stops by the lobby) or it's about 100-yards if you choose to park on the day of your flight. Considering the breakfast, the room and the parking, I would have expected to pay closer to $140 ($80 room, $40 parking, $20 for breakfast for three). The hotel itself is good...nothing mindblowing, but clean, friendly service, and had what we needed for a one night stay. I will try to stay here again if we fly out of DTW.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank garci1r
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was there for one night on Nov. 3, 2012. Very nice room. Everything was clean and new; spacious bath & shower. Staff are friendly and helpful. Coffee and breakfast start early which I always appreciate. Negative would be the all night flashing white light from the smoke detector on the ceiling.

Room Tip: Automatic door locks are loud, so if possible pick a less full corridor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RosieFlorida
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites numerous times throughout the years. I have always had a Great experience with the rooms & staff. I checked in late (midnight) was greeted politely by the staff. Checked into the room and it was clean and bed was comfortable. Took advantage of the Room + Parking deal.

My only complaint is that the bed skirts on both beds needed to be washed. They weren't necessarily dirty, but dusty, and was not of the Marriott standard that I expect.

Room Tip: If you are flying out of the Detroit Metro Airport. Take a look at the Room + Parking Deal with Marriott and Qwik Park.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank V3RSPE10
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was here for one night on Oct. 19, 2012. Arrived very late and I was not attentive to the location of the room I received. I was next to the mechanical room for the swimming pool. The sound of the pool pump was very loud and I could not sleep. I booked the hotel via the Marriott web site and I stay at Marriott branded hotels a lot. My room was one of those rooms that you often get when booking via a low-cost 3rd party site. You know, next to the elevator, the ice machine and such. I paid full price – ended up with a terrible room. There are at least 20 hotels at the Detroit airport. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay near or on the floor above the indoor swimming pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here for two nights during the World Series. The location was very convenient from the airport and I utilized the shuttle. They share shuttle services with the qwik park location next door, which is a positive as you never have to wait more than 5 minutes for a shuttle at the airport.
Pick-ups going back to the airport are only every 30 minutes on the half hour.
The breakfast was typical continental breakfast fare (toast, yogurt, waffles, muffins, etc) and was very well presented.
The rooms themselves were clean. The beds were VERY comfortable. Everything worked as it should. The bathroom showers were quite large and modern. The housekeeping did an extraordinarily good job and actually spent time on each room, even for stay-over guests. I did not hear a great deal of plane noise as is customary at airport hotels. All in all a very good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family