“Just what I needed.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I expect certain things from the Marriott brand. This hotel actually surpassed them.
The room was clean-this isn't really surprising if you know marriotts. It was just a one night stay, after my flight. Julie made check in quick, even though my credit card got stolen in Mexico. She let me pay cash, with a deposit that was returned, and didn't make me feel low about it.
Internet was free, easy and fast.
Breakfast was surprisingly good. I'm used to the bigger breakfasts of the residence or spring hill, but this was more than adequate. Breads, waffles, instant oatmeal, yogurt, apples, lots to drink.
The pool was tiny, but at least it has one, most hotels in the area only have outdoor. I was after the hot tub and that was fantastic.
I only have one complaint. For some reason the coffee pot was kept in the bathroom. I think this is unsanitary and for that reason I didn't use it, but why not keep it on the desk? The room has two phones, if you got rid of the desk phone, it would be perfect for the coffee pot.
FYI, the rooms are on the daytime flight path, but so are all of the hotels on this strip. I was on the top floor, could hear them quite clearly, but I like watching them. A lower floor might be quieter.
The area was quite safe to walk, there are a couple restaurants, McDonalds and a Subway.

Room Tip: Lower floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed December 17, 2011

I recently stayed here for two nights, and chose this airport location mainly because I had to leave on a 6AM flight, and they offer an airport shuttle.

The whole facility was top notch for a hotel of this type. The room was nice, bed comfortable with nice linens, quiet and very clean. And this is the first hotel I have stayed in that had an electric button to push proclaiming "Do Not Disturb" or "Make Up My Room" -- instead of those little signs that constantly fall of the door and onto the floor!

The shuttle worked well, both directions -- and the hotel is only a few minutes from the terminal. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Once again used this hotel before a flight out of Detroit. I have been staying here since it opened and I am never disappointed. This time I was escorting my 86year old aunt to Texas and needed a ground floor room. They not only validated my request but gave us the one nearest the front desk so that she did not have to walk so far.
Aeroplane noise is minimal. Sure there is some, its next to an airport but certainly not unbearable. The be beds were so comfly it was hard to leave them. Airport shuttle was great and driver very courteous. So glad the hotel is keeping us its wonderful standards. My fiance who drove us to the hotel was so impressed he is changing his brand! Trips coming up in Febuary will start at this hotel and car will stay next door. Very pleased all around.

Room Tip: If you have special request make sure to put it in the reservation. They do their best to accomodat...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2011

This was a great airport hotel - nice clean rooms - good TVs, great airport transportation, great service from the front desk - nice lobby - fast internet - good computers in the lobby.

It was convenient and attractive - it would be a nice business hotel - it was good for us as it was close and convenient the airport for our early morning flight.

Not too many good places around to eat - but enough.

Room Tip: Everything looked good here
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I booked this room based on all the great reviews on here and I'm glad I did. Great hotel for an overnight stay before flying out of Detroit Metro! Room was clean, hotel had a pool and hot tub, beds were comfortable, good continental breakfast in the morning. Offered a park and fly package. Located right next door to Qwik Park, very convenient and secure parking service to the airport. And as soon as we landed back in Detroit, the person that assisted us with our luggage called Qwik Park and they were waiting for us outside. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JLN73
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We made a last minute reservation at this hotel after cancelling existing reservations at a neighboring motel. We cancelled our existing reservations at the neighboring motel after reading reviews telling of a bedbug infestation. Needless to say, we ended up staying at the very clean Fairfield Inn.

This hotel is very clean, both in the public areas and our guest room. There is a small pool and workout room, as well as a breakfast/lounge area and a business center with a couple of computers. The hotel has free wi-fi which was a bit slow, but not horrible.

We took advantage of the park-and-fly package as we had an early morning flight out of DTW the next day. The long-term parking lot is conveniently located right next door.

The only note of caution I must add is that the hotel is almost right underneath one of the runway approaches. I don't recall any air traffic while we were trying to fall asleep, but during the day it is very noticeable.

All in all, we had a great stay here and would definitely consider stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed here multiple times prior to taking an early morning flight out. The rooms are always very clean along with the public areas. Two computers in the lobby with Internet access along with free wifi in the rooms (although it is a bit slow)

The breakfast is decent, especially considering the price of the hotel.

Qwik park is right behind the hotel and the park n fly package includes eight days of parking.

• Stayed: October 2011