“Inexpensive, Not Bad”

Ranked #26 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Cape Carteret, North Carolina
“Inexpensive, Not Bad”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

"Adequate" is the word I would use. I booked it because of the location and because it was cheap. Sheets were clean, bathroom was clean. The property is a bit tired. Breakfast was minimal but OK in quality. Don't expect the Ritz, but expect to get what you pay for.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I don't know of many hotels that don't offer in-room hair dryers, irons, and ironing boards these days. This hotel does not. At $45/night for a single room, it does represent good value, however. Keep in mind that in addition to no hair dryers, there is no breakfast (not even continental), no alarm clocks, no irons or ironing boards. "Back to basics" is the best way to describe this place. I arrived in Romulus late and had an early morning flight, so not wanting to spend much on a hotel, this was the perfect place for me. The Speedway gas station right across the street was open late and had a great deli for a quick, midnight snack.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Grand Rapids
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I needed a cheap place to stay and that is exactly what I received. There was a broken wall tile in the bathroom and the blanket on the bed had burn holes in it. For what I paid for the room though it was to be expected. I would probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last week and there were icy roads all over the property especially by the dumpster. They need to invest in salt in tough michigan winter for safety of their customers. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is one of those places that fits the 'you get what you pay for' description.We went for 2 nights and found this place on priceline.com for $40 a night.The internet searches said this place had Internet,an outdoor pool and continental breakfast.Yes there is a pool but it was filled in and had flowers planted in it.the first morning we went for breakfast and all they got left was a few cereals and 2 pieces of bread and no butter but there was some jelly,so the next morning we went to the McDonalds down the street.But having said that the room was very clean,the bathtub and shower was clean,the Internet was good and the tv was fine as well,also the two double beds were very comfortable. This hotel is very close to Detroit Metro airport,the planes were going over the hotel which is what I expected but wasn't a nuisance.There a plenty of aces to eat nearby including McDonalds,Subway,Bob Evans etc and across the street is a Speedway gas station.I would come here again but only if I was using the airport

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a clean, quiet place to stay. The people st the registration desk are very kind, nice, courteous and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at this facility just because it was close to metro airport. Everything was ok until I had to get ready to go to the airport. I like many other folks like to take a hot shower to start your day....especially when it's only 37 degrees outside. I started the hot water for the shower...after about 1o minutes, I noticed it was still cold. I called the front desk and asked then if the hot water was out and they said not that they are aware of. He asked that I run it for another 5 or 10 minutes and then if I still don't have hot water to call back. Well...10 more minutes...no hot water and I called back. His reply to me was that there is nothing that he could do right now because management is to there....REALLY??? This to me is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! Needless to say...an email has already been fired off to corporate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jimmyw474
rodewayinnmetroairpo, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Romulus for your recent stay in our area.

• Desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful way in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

• Maintenance was informed of the hot water problem in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any necessary repair.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn Romulus. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.