Rodeway Inn Metro Airport
La Quinta
$98
$122
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 1, 2008

Well where do I even begin to start! This place is such a pile of junk. I'm surprised that rodeway inn will even allow it's name to be put on to it! This is even worse than inner city hotels and trust me I've had my fair share of them. They keep a row of nice
hotels rooms right up front in case someone who looks important comes in! Well I checked in last night for a week traveling with my dog is not easy, so I have to be careful and make sure that the dog is accepted so I called they accept dogs have a weekly special and it's a king size bed right. Well no wonder they are running specials because if not everyone would run right out of this place! I open the door I think gosh it's horrible but I need some where to crash with the dog! Turn the TV on Nope doesn't work black lines being the person that I am, I'm thinking ok maybe a loose wire Nope! Thank Gosh I travel with a small extra TV because at first I load me and the dog up go back up to the front desk and they tell me I'm sorry but that is the only room we have left which will allow dogs Cripes! What do I do but that she can get the maintence man here in the morning.
So I'm like OK! No discount offered Nothing! So I got the computer with me it's fine and the traveling TV so I'm like it's fine it's do able! I come back to the room the heater don't work I call the front desk and she's like ask the man tomorrow when he comes and he tells me that the heat is turned off already and I'm like the air conditioning doesn't even work if I wanted that and he said it would be turned back on in June???????
Then I said well one more thing the toilet don't work right you have to keep hitting the handle to get it to flush and he said
these rooms were just remodeled???? what? when? where?
Not these rooms! He's like see the new tile???? new tile is he blind or am I? ok so under all the dirt there is new tile
but that's the only thing that is new! so he tells me Oh it works
you just have to hold the handle down and hold it till it flushes OK whatever for 205.00 for a week he must be joking.
Well there are cigarette burns on the bathtub and sink and the sink is so sickening that I'm afraid to brush my teeth in it!
The carpeted floor is so nasty I wont take my shoes off and its got cigarette burns in it all over the place.
the bed although king size like they said I took the sheets off last night balled them up laid one of my own blankets down and just slept in the cold with my clothes on, until I can go and wash them myself, and can you imagine I'm not even one of those prissie picky people. I would do far better sleeping in my vehicle with my dog since it's so cold in here anyways that it's like sleeping outside but since I need some where to stay and internet service I'm staying but not without making a trip to the store for some cleaners to clean the place up. I'm going to be taking some pics of the inside of this place because I want people to see the disgust in this place. Yikes I will never stay here again.
I stayed one time before in one of the rooms in the front of the place they are nice but the weekly people go to the back and you get whatever they have to offer! Someone needs to help this place and I think rodeway inn owes everyone an apology for even putting there name on this place!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
rodewayinnmetroairpo, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Romulus for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Maintenance staff received notification of the problems you had with the televisions and the A/C in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to it that they are put in proper working order.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you once again decide to stay at Rodeway Inn Romulus. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed December 27, 2007

I've learned my lesson to read reviews before booking any hotel. I was looking for the best rate for an out of town guest and the rate was just right for someone on a budget. As the saying goes you get what you pay for didn't even do this room justice. I was so embarrassed to have my friend walk into a musty, cold, bug infested room. I'm surprised that being so close to the airport that the City of Romulus doesn't intervene and close the doors to this location because it gives the city a very bad image. The heater blew out cold air, there were spiderwebs hanging from the corner shower with a dead fly caught in it. The bathtub was disgusting! I wouldn't even want to take a shower in there. To top it off there were visible bug traps in the every corner! I could not even stomach the idea of my friend staying there so we vacated the premises NEVER TO RETURN!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank kc123Detroit

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Romulus for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

2) Maintenance was notified of the heater in the room assigned to you and the bugs and instructed to see to it that these problems were eliminated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn Romulus. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed November 26, 2007

Room was damp and musty. Critter traps set in the bathroom. No Coffee in Room (which might be a good thing). Had to request and wait to get the Airline Parking Pass. Would not eat breakfast there.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Romulus for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Staff members received notification and training in the matter of not knowingly assigning the rooms to our valued guests when there are critters in the rooms.

2) Desk staff was instructed to see to it that Airline Parking Pass is noted on the guests registration information and is given to them at the proper time.

3) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

4) All staff members received additional training regarding the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

Reviewed October 29, 2007

If you were a drug dealer, or addict for that matter, this place woudl be a hilton. From a distance, the dark, meloncholie hotel resembles that of the Bates Motel. The clerk gave us our key with an un-nerving grin which remembled that of a serial killer. It is equally frightening when you step into the room. Headboard was hanging from one screw on the wall, bed linens were soiled, with cigarette burns and littered with body odor and pubic hair. This followed through to the bathroom where we noted unidentified muck clinging to the walls of the tub and even more pubic hair in the tub. The sink still had toothpaste and residual and looked as though it had not been cleaned....ever.

The floors were nasty, and not vacuumed. The pool had no water and no light- make sure you don't take a romantic midnight dip...
As we gawked at the pool, we were solicited for cigarettes by an obvious resident of the hotel, who looked less like a resident and more like an addict. Fearing for our life and safety, we immediately went back to the office and told that that we would not be staying there. On a positive note, they refunded our money quickly and send us on our way without question. Be careful of what you think is a good deal online and stick with brand name hotels. Best Western across the street was 50.00 more and had the ammenities that we were searching for. We woke up feeling safe that we would not be robbed, mammed or raped.
FRIGHTENING!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Romulus for your recent stay in our area.

1) Management was notified of your feelings of insecurity at our establishment.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

3) Maintenance staff was instructed to look into the matter of the pool not being available and seeing to it that it is made properly usable and well lit at the proper times.

4) Desk staff was commended concerning the courteous, helpful way they treated you, our valued guest, in refunding your money quickly and without question.

Reviewed August 21, 2007

What a joke!
We purposely booked a room with a pool so our children (ages 2 and 12) could swim the night before we were flying out.
We got to the hotel and checked in.
We drove around to where our room was and were pleased to see we were close to the pool.
My 12 year old walked over to the pool and there was NO WATER IN IT!
Thank goodness my husband had seen a sign that said that there were no refunds after 15 minutes.
I quickly went into the office and demanded a refund. I asked him where the water in the pool was and that I now had 2 disappointed children in the car.
I told him that it was false advertising saying that their location had a pool when in fact it didn't.
We went across the street and stayed at the Clarion. It was beautiful and had a wonderful HUGE pool that had water in it.
I would NEVER recommend this location to anyone and I think that it is a disgrace that it is affiliated with the other hotels!

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank tomato1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to attempt to stay at Rodeway Inn Romulus for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• We spoke with management and maintenance concerning the pool and questioned why it was not in use. Maintenance was instructed to see to it that the pool was put in proper, usable condition.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to attempt to stay at Rodeway Inn Romulus. I think you will be greatly pleased.