“Clean and OK if you got an early flight from nearby airport”

Rodeway Inn Metro Airport
Ranked #26 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is one of those places that fits the 'you get what you pay for' description.We went for 2 nights and found this place on priceline.com for $40 a night.The internet searches said this place had Internet,an outdoor pool and continental breakfast.Yes there is a pool but it was filled in and had flowers planted in it.the first morning we went for breakfast and all they got left was a few cereals and 2 pieces of bread and no butter but there was some jelly,so the next morning we went to the McDonalds down the street.But having said that the room was very clean,the bathtub and shower was clean,the Internet was good and the tv was fine as well,also the two double beds were very comfortable. This hotel is very close to Detroit Metro airport,the planes were going over the hotel which is what I expected but wasn't a nuisance.There a plenty of aces to eat nearby including McDonalds,Subway,Bob Evans etc and across the street is a Speedway gas station.I would come here again but only if I was using the airport

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rodeway I, Manager at Rodeway Inn Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Dear valued Guest,

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a clean, quiet place to stay. The people st the registration desk are very kind, nice, courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Lawrence,

Property CHI

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at this facility just because it was close to metro airport. Everything was ok until I had to get ready to go to the airport. I like many other folks like to take a hot shower to start your day....especially when it's only 37 degrees outside. I started the hot water for the shower...after about 1o minutes, I noticed it was still cold. I called the front desk and asked then if the hot water was out and they said not that they are aware of. He asked that I run it for another 5 or 10 minutes and then if I still don't have hot water to call back. Well...10 more minutes...no hot water and I called back. His reply to me was that there is nothing that he could do right now because management is to there....REALLY??? This to me is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! Needless to say...an email has already been fired off to corporate.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jimmyw474
rodewayinnmetroairpo, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Romulus for your recent stay in our area.

• Desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful way in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

• Maintenance was informed of the hot water problem in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any necessary repair.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn Romulus. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Very run down, rooms shabby and dirty, the bathroom was so dirty I refused to shower in it. This was our last night in the US and if we hadn't been so tired would have found somewhere else. Having now spent a night here I wish I had found somewhere else. I realise that you get what you pay for but to be honest they should have paid me to stay here. The smell of damp and decay is all over this place.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Chrisclough
rodewayinnmetroairpo, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Romulus for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry it was not the enjoyable experience you had anticipated.

We take our reviews seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn Romulus. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

This Inn was clean and comfortable. You could not hear the people in the next room. The staff was very courteous, efficient, and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Lawrence,

Property CHI

Reviewed November 28, 2011

You get what you pay for. A cheap room. Older TV's and the nonsmoking room smelled of smoke. The service was good and the desk clerk Kim was friendly and professional

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I have never been so disgusted and disturbed by a hotel stay EVER.

I only needed to stay for six hours because I was far too tired to drive home from the airport after a red eye flight. I knew that for 40 dollars I wasn't getting the Ritz, but I NEVER expected giant dogs roaming the property, pubic hair in the sheets, dirty bathrooms, and being expected to sleep in the cold!

My room was switched three times after I begged for my money to be refunded not five full minutes after going into the first room with hair in the sheets. The second room had no heat at all. The third rooms heaters had no control buttons. My FIFTH trip to the office, I convinced the clerk to come over to the room to adjust the heater, which he did, and the heater promptly rewarded me with blast of cold air. The clerk said that it would warm up in ten or fifteen minutes. It didn't.

After an hour of huddling in a chair in the cold, I went back to the office and begged for a refund so that I could just leave. He said that I could have a refund, but wanted to charge me 15 dollars for the shuttle. The FREE shuttle. It took 20 minutes of pleading, and finally throwing a swearing, cursing tantrum to get my money back. I ended up walking across the street.

Do yourself a favor, if money's tight and you only need to be there for a little while, just go to the Quality Inn across the street. Clean, pretty comfortable, and, most importantly, not the Rodeway Inn.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Phantaja
rodewayinnmetroairpo, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Rodeway Inn Romulus for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Maintenance staff was notified of the problem you experienced with the heater and instructed to see to it that it is working properly.

3) Registration staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which we treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at the Rodeway Inn Romulus. I think you will be greatly pleased.