“Average diner food” 3 of 5 bubbles

National Coney Island - Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #9 of 77 Restaurants in Romulus
Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Average diner food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Had a quick breakfast and was glad I stopped by. The service was quick and friendly. Food was average diner food.

Visited August 2013

Fort Lauderdale
“Guess what I found in the food...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

My son ordered a burger and fries (fine), and I ordered the Greek Salad. About 1/2 way through, I felt a funny texture in my mouth, and I spat out a.....feather!

The waitress was appropriately mortified, but then slipped and said she told the manager about this before: they needed to change companies where they got their bagged lettuce! This was not the 1st time!

Anyway, I commented my surprise since I didn't order chicken on the salad, but the joke was lost on her. She did remove the salad from my bill, but they probably should have comped the whole thing. Anyway, I will not be returning for obvious reasons, unless I want to make a Native American headdress.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“An Airport Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I travel extensively, and National Coney Island is among my favorite airport restaurants. The food is excellent and cheap, and the service fast and friendly. The Coney Island hot dog with fries is a great choice.

Visited July 2013
LaSalle, Canada
“Great Breakfast before your Flight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

When ever my husband and I travel by plane out of the Detroit Metro Airport, Romulus Michigan North Terminal .... we always get there early to have a great breakfast at the National Coney Island. There service is great and they are open very early. You can order off the breakfast menu or the other items on the lunch menu. My husband has occasionally enjoyed the coney dogs for breakfast.... Because we usually have an early morning flight - that means having a great breakfast meal here can carry us over during the flight.... April D. was our server and she was friendly, caring and very efficient.... our food was ordered and delivered to our table, hot, fresh and tasty.... Cannot picture an early morning flight without this being our first "stop over"..... enjoy.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Memphis, Tennessee
“Run! Shouldn't be in business”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had a long layover and thought the place would be a good option for dinner. Boy was I wrong. Food was awful. It was bland and way too chewy. A preschooler could have prepared better food.

Service was even worse. If you decide to go despite my review, make sure you don't get Vanessa. She is not cut out for customer service. She didn't check on me, didn't serve me what i requested and took my plate while I was still attempting to pick at the food. She was quick to leave the bill. Pretty clear this place doesn't expect return business. Still sick just thinking about my experience. Never again.

Visited May 2013