TripAdvisor

Leonardo's Italian Grille
Order Online
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Romulus
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

What a great place!!! Vito and Steve welcomes me like family. I had a Caesar salad that was wonderful. Then I had Sicilian Pasta. Delicious.
They are right down the street from the airport. Don’t miss this place!!!

Date of visit: January 2020
LeonardosStaff, Owner at Leonardo's Italian Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

It makes us so happy to read reviews like this! Thank you so much for sharing - we're glad that you enjoyed your visit with us. See you again soon! - Leonardo's Italian Grille

Write a reviewReviews (675)

Reviewed December 4, 2019

My wife and I have eaten here a few times over the years. It hasn't disappointed-good service, many options on the menu, tasty food freshly prepared. Two minor complaints-the Cesar salad was overdressed and the canolli was overthought. While I like that it was made in house, it was just too much. I like simplicity in desserts-you begin with a great classic, prepare it well and then rain chocolate sauce or some other nonsense to hide the great dessert. While this may be OK with canolli, I HATE it when they do it to tiramisu (I cannot comment on the tiramisu at this restaurant). It is at the point when I am at an Italian restaurant and order tiramisu, I have to specify to the server not to allow the kitchen to put stuff on it other than the cocoa powder! Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening.

Date of visit: December 2019
LeonardosStaff, Manager at Leonardo's Italian Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Henry, thank you for leaving us your review! We hope that we will be seeing you and your wife again soon!
-Leonardo's Italian Grille

Reviewed November 21, 2019

Two dinners, close to the Marriott. Presentation weak but generous portions. Buddy's chicken marsala, lots of chicken, way too much gravy. Attentive waitress. Second night, would not seat two at a table or booth and both available. I wanted to bolt, but we sat at the bar- good medium size pizza. If back in the area for UM football, I will stick with the pizza. I'd rather have quality the quantity!

Date of visit: November 2019
LeonardosStaff, Manager at Leonardo's Italian Grille, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2019

Hi Rich, thanks for the honest review! We really appreciate the feedback. We're always looking for room to grow. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2019

Very average veal parmesan, à little bit better marsala. Correct clams shouder.
Choice of béer is OK.

Date of visit: November 2019
LeonardosStaff, Manager at Leonardo's Italian Grille, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2019

Hi- thank you for taking a moment to leave us with your feedback. We strive to provide our guests with an experience that warrants a 5-star rating, and we're sad to see that we did not meet your standards. We would love it if you were able to shoot us over an email at info@leonardositaliangrille.com with details of what we could have done to have made your experience a great one. Thanks!

Reviewed November 5, 2019

The food is just delicious and the staff is very attentive . It was the perfect dining experience for my group of friends. We will be back soon.

Date of visit: October 2019
LeonardosStaff, Manager at Leonardo's Italian Grille, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2019

Thank you so much for this lovely review! We're happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed dining with us and look forward to having the pleasure of serving you again soon. -Leonardo's Italian Grille