“A great suprise”

Leonardo's Italian Grille
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Romulus
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Monday-Thursday carryout is available until 11pm Friday-Saturday: Carryout is available until midnight Sunday: Carryout is available until 11pm
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel staff so I gave it a shot. I was pleased I did. It is a neighborhood Italian restaurant that had great atmosphere as well as excellent food at reasonable prices. The mushroom appetizer was so good I asked for some bread to wipe the plate clean. Would do it again. Will be back next time in the area.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I loved this restaurant, my friend and I shared a medium pizza and it was the best I've had outside of Italy (yes I have been to Italy a few times) and a bottle of wine. Best meal all weekend.
Family friendly and open later then some restaurants in the area which is great if you arrive in the area later then expected. I think they were open until 11pm on the Thursday I visited and we never felt rushed. Hope to go back next time I visit the area.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had dinner at this restaurant the night before we flew to Naples Florida for a beach holiday. I ordered a Caprese Salad and my husband ordered a medium Pizza (which was too much for the 2 of us). We shared the salad and pizza. It was a very tasty meal. Wine selection was slim but you can always order a draft beer.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were staying in Romulus and stopped here for dinner based on the good reviews I'd read on TripAdvisor. We weren't disappointed! The chicken marsala was excellent! My husband had the chicken alfredo, which was also really good (it was a little saltier than we're used to, but the flavor was delicious). The breaksticks are to die for!!! It was a delicious meal and we would definitely go again if in the area. The price is a little higher than I would have expected, but it's worth it. I'd like to try the pizza next time. It looked amazing!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We started visiting Joe and Vito at Leonardo's in the early days of the Pizzeria and have enjoyed watching what a great restaurant it has become.
When ever we are in the Detroit area we try to stop for lunch or dinner. In fact when coming home through Detroit we often plan to stay at a nearby hotel just so we can end our trip with dinner at Leonardo's.
Whether we have one of the daily specials or order from the menu everything is fresh, and extremely well prepared. We try to sample something different, be it an appetizer or entre on each visit and have never been disappointed, from buffalo mozzarella or the antipasto to wings pizza, grilled fish, or veal saltimbocca, it is all fabulous.
The staff is always friendly, knowledgeable and efficient.
And of course it we are tired when we get to the hotel Leonardo's will deliver.
On this last visit I had the Gamberi Salice, a wonderful shrimp and sausage meal in an exquisitely spicy sauce with perfectly cooked pasta. Thank you.

If there was anything that could be improved it is the shuttle service between the restaurant and the hotels. This is no fault of the restaurant, it is a result of many hotels going to a contracted airport shuttle service. We will not drink and drive and one can not have a nice Italian dinner without a good bottle of wine, so the shuttle is important. In the old days all the hotels had their own shuttle vans and it was never a problem for them to run the guest to the restaurant and then pick them up. Unfortunately that has changed. If I could suggest anything, Vito and Joe, it would be to look into the cost of being added as a drop spot for the hotels.

Thank you for another great experience.
Dave & Anita