“Excellent food”

Leonardo's Italian Grille
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Romulus
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Monday-Thursday carryout is available until 11pm Friday-Saturday: Carryout is available until midnight Sunday: Carryout is available until 11pm
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Loved the bread that comes with your meal, pizza was good and excellent service! Price wasn't bad for what you get.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

The food is fresh, flavorful and authentic -- the bruschetta is wonderful soft bread with really fresh tomato, garlic and olive oil, we had calzones and pizzas (vegetarian and not,regular and sicilian style) and everything was excellent.

Our server was Mary, and she's been with this business for many years -- we can tell why, it's a genuinely friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We also got to meet Vito (one of the brothers who own Leonardo's), who told us about the history, family recipes, and he even brought us several very tasty handmade arancinis to try, when we mentioned that we'd missed them on the menu. It was a nice experience that left us all feeling great about the evening.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Pork ossobucco was great! The wine was affordable by the glass with a load of choices. Good atmosphere for a suburban restaurant near an airport. The owner (a bilingual guy born in Siciliy) came by and asked about the food.
The only reason for a 4 and not a 5 is that it is too suburban for me - that's all.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

When almost 20 percent of the reviews rank a restaurant average or below you should consider dining elsewhere. Very sterile, non Italian atmosphere. Almost diner-like. I travel extensively and love fine dining but when I ate here while staying at a local hotel I was extremely disappointed. This might be "great Italian " in Romulus but as far as compared to others, it is not. I have eaten there twice. After the first horrible meal, I decided to give it one more shot...only to be disappointed again. The first time I ordered a pork shank with risotto. What came out was a dry ham hock in the style of german Schweinshaxe with a side of white rice. When I told the waitress that it was not risotto but white rice she said she couldnt tell the chef because he would holler at her. The pork shank was NOT italian one iota...very dry, simple and plain with some very greasy, fatty side sauce that was tasteless. I decided to try it a second time and stick with a true italian dish...chicken parm. You cant screw that up. I sat at the bar and an elderly woman bartender took my order. I asked for the chicken parm with my linguine al dente and the meat sauce fra diablo. VERY SIMPLE I thought for an Italian restaurant. She proceeded to tell me I could NOT get my pasta that way and proceeded to run off selections that I am entitled to order. When I told her I had already spoken to the cook, she told me he didnt know what he was talking about. She would NOT give me my meal the way I wanted so I got up and asked to sit at a table. The waitress was very nice and took my order the way I wanted it. She said that "Barb' was always grumpy. I dont know how she still stays employed there. The chicken parm came out ok, a little too thick and over seasoned but the pasta was very pasty, not at all true italian. Overall, this place has a long way to go before it can be called "real italian".

1  Thank moondog1017
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I enjoyed dinner here and l loved the bread with the olive oil and the Parmesan,my favorite
good services and good food