“Met Exepectations, Good Value”

Travelodge Romulus Detroit Airport
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Warren, MI
“Met Exepectations, Good Value”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here on the Park and Fly package. Room was clean and in good repair save a little wallpaper worn from a wall corner. Staff was friendly and the property met all expectations. At $70, I would've paid as much to park near the airport so the room was effectively free. The property does not own the shuttles, it contracts with a service and they only run every 30 minutes at the top and bottom of the hour. Be there by 20 after or 10 til as the shuttles will sometimes depart a few minutes early. As long as you are aware this shouldn't be a problem. When going back, the shuttle to the hotel doesn't run quite as frequently as those from the parking lots, but my wait was not unreasonable. I was pleased with my stay and the parking service. This is not the Ritz, but it provides a clean, comfortable room, shower, television and internet. If you have te right expectation, your stay will be good as well.

Room Tip: If appropriate, select an accessible room. This puts you on the first floor and makes it easier to l...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank motorcity70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

This place is NASTY!! Used condom in the hall, whole place smells like marijuana and the beds have springs poking through! No rollaway beds or toothbrushes at front desk. Breakfast consisted of muffins and rotten apples. Shuttle was prompt though.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
tonya m, General Manager at Travelodge Romulus Detroit Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire staff for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the team here and have instructed that immediate corrective action be taken. We all here at Redroof Romulus take pride in what we do and try to make each and every guest feel welcome and satisfied while they are with us so, again I apologize that we failed to do that for you. I hope you will allow us to make you feel welcome, important and comfortable if you choose to give us a chance again in the future.

Tonya Manier
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I did not have much choice after my flight was cancelled so I booked this hotel online. The good things about it - it was cheap, the shuttle was prompt, free and courteous, and the desk clerk was also courteous. Otherwise it was a dump. The bottled water machine was broken and the desk clerk could not get me any bottled water. There was a tiny bar of soap in the room but no shampoo, toothpaste or anything else. The bedspread had a cigarette hole in it and no blankets, just a sheet. But the worst was that I felt unsafe. It was on the first floor next to the parking lot and cars kept arriving until late into the night as well as doors slamming into the night. I might have gotten as much sleep in a chair at the airport. Would I return? Never!

Room Tip: not on the first floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
tonya m, General Manager at Travelodge Romulus Detroit Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear valued guest,
Thank you so much for your honest review. The staff here at Redroof appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. On behalf of the entire staff please accept our sincerest apology for failing to meet your expectations. We understand how uncomfortable it can be to be away from home especially when circumstances are our of your controll. Allow me to assure you that everyone here at Redroof are taking your comments very seriously and are working to address each and every one of your issues to the best of our ability. If you find yourself in the Romulus area again I hope you will give us a chance to change your opinion of us.

Thanks again for your time,
Tonya Manier
London, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have stayed here a few times in the past year and have always been pleased. The service has been pleasant and professional. The rooms, while a bit small, are clean and comfortable with all the amenities needed for an overnight stay. I recommend booking on-line to save a few bucks.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank dbdittmer
Wa
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is one NASTY place to stay! The airlines told us they were putting us up in a gorgeous hotel... Got to the hotel at 3:00am or else I would have paid out of pocket to stay some where else. They had NO towels, no shampoo, no soap in the rooms... The bedding is so stained and nasty. My husband went to the front desk to get some amenities.. To be told they didn't have any but the hotel next door had a 24 hour store.. He walked over and got a brush, shampoo, soap, toothpaste and toothbrush for 30.00. The rooms are no bigger then a closet and STINK!!! Never again will we ever stay at a Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mouse301
New Boston, Michigan
Reviewed December 23, 2013

First and ONLY good thing about this Red Roof was the front desk staff was very friendly and did try to make our stay a good one. When we arrived the parking lot was a mess. Snow and ice everywhere. Very slippery not salted and barely plowed. We checked in, a room with 2 beds was all that was available. a little high on the rate.$75. Room was freezing cold no heat on at all. Cool 58 degrees in room. It took a long time to warm up. Beds have only sheets and a thin spread no blankets. We had no remote, no alarm clock, no in room coffee maker. And No towels, called front desk and was told please come to desk for items. Overall look of the room was old and outdated. And Dirty. Housekeeping here needs retraining. Beds were messy like someone rolled around after they were made up. One bed had hair and burn hole in the paper thin sheet. We only needed one bed so we slept on the other. Room was dusty. one of the wall lamps light flickered non stop. Tv reception was fuzzy. Window was open about an inch but crank was broken and would not shut. My husband managed to pull the screen out and get the window shut. Carpet in room was stained and not even vacuumed well. I found a sock between bed and outside wall. I got 2 sets of towels from the clerk and a remote for the tv. I asked for extra bath towels but was told no more were available. ??? Towels were also thin and stained. No alarm clock available was offered a wake up call. and told 24 hour coffee was in the lobby. Who wants to get up and dressed first thing to get coffee from the lobby. inconvenient, I thought all hotels/motels etc had in room coffee nowadays. again outdated. All in all the room was just
dirty whoever cleaned was in a hurry or just did not care. We will not be back to stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whose t
USA
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Simply put, this is not a hotel you should choose to stay at. The rooms are small, staff is indifferent, continental breakfast is a joke, and the rooms are overpriced. I booked a park-and-fly package, the trip to the hotel was good, but I had to wait almost 30 minutes for the return shuttle, to get a driver who talked on his cell phone during the entire trip and drove recklessly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo