“Great helpful staff”

Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Sarnia, Canada
“Great helpful staff”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We arrived at the Inn with a reservation from the Expedia website. Expedia had given us some incorrect information about the parking in this area. The Red Roof Inn staff were very helpful and understanding. They went above and beyond to help us with our problem. The room was very comfortable and the continental breakfast was a great start to the day before heading to the airport. We thought it was a great value hotel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Booked this room for a park and fly package simply for the price ($69 including 8 days parking). I should have known better. The hotel truly looks like a converted rooming house. I went inside the lobby and it gave me the same feeling. I don't need 5 star accommodation, but this place was kind of creepy. I went back outside to get my plate number and saw stray cats all over the lot, and a gut going through the trash looking for cans. The real kicker was when she told me I had to leave them my car keys and they would drive it to an off site lot after we left. Uh, NOOOO thanks. I cancelled and went to another hotel down the street for $5 more, and felt a lot safer.

• Stayed February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly, the tv and wifi work, and it's close to the airport. Sadly you can hear every plane take off. It needs a lot of updating, but it did the trick. Don't expect much, but you'll survive the night without issue.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lorain, Ohio, United States
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here Feb. 3, 2013, so we could fly out of the Detroit airport to Cancun the morning of Feb. 4. We have stayed at Red Roof Inns several times this year, and our initial reaction was that we were surprised how small the rooms were at this location. Not only were the rooms small, but the bathroom was oddly configured. They left very few toiletry items (just one small bar of soap and one small packet of shampoo). Our biggest complaint was the size of the towels, which were barely large enough to wrap around your body. The towels smelled slightly funny, as well.

In the end, however, we were happy with the value (about $77 including taxes) which included parking our car there for six days while we were gone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, Michigan
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Since we had an early flight out, we opted for the park n fly. For $79.00 we were able to spend the night and keep our car for 8 days. The hotel is not fancy by any means. A very old Red Roof, but it served the purpose of getting us to the airport early the next a.m. They have a shuttle back and forth to the airport. Shuttle was prompt. If you like a lot of amenities, don't stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
holt
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very close to airport quite, nice rooms & shuttle service. Hotel clerk was very nice & helpful. Love the park & fly by Detroit airport. The prices were the main thing. Found restaurants close by for dinner..

Room Tip: First floor on west side was good. Love the park &fly by airport. Rates were the best!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Camden, South Carolina
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stuck with an overnight layover in Detroit my eenie-meenie-minie-moe internet search led me to the Red Roof Inn. The most important factor I considered was distance from the airport, with cost being a major factor only in rejecting the Westin, which is inside the airport. I want to get a bite to eat before turning in: the front desk advises me to walk to the Best Western across the parking lot. I ask to print out my boarding pass: the front desk advises going to the Best Western for that, too. So the choice between the two (for price comparison the Westin is about $200 a night) comes down to a value proposition. Is the difference in price ($55 at Red Roof versus $70 at the Best Western) worth the inconveniences of schlepping across the parking lot to meet your needs? It wasn't for me on this cold, windy late-October evening.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo