“Park N Fly”

Travelodge Romulus Detroit Airport
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Since we had an early flight out, we opted for the park n fly. For $79.00 we were able to spend the night and keep our car for 8 days. The hotel is not fancy by any means. A very old Red Roof, but it served the purpose of getting us to the airport early the next a.m. They have a shuttle back and forth to the airport. Shuttle was prompt. If you like a lot of amenities, don't stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very close to airport quite, nice rooms & shuttle service. Hotel clerk was very nice & helpful. Love the park & fly by Detroit airport. The prices were the main thing. Found restaurants close by for dinner..

Room Tip: First floor on west side was good. Love the park &fly by airport. Rates were the best!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stuck with an overnight layover in Detroit my eenie-meenie-minie-moe internet search led me to the Red Roof Inn. The most important factor I considered was distance from the airport, with cost being a major factor only in rejecting the Westin, which is inside the airport. I want to get a bite to eat before turning in: the front desk advises me to walk to the Best Western across the parking lot. I ask to print out my boarding pass: the front desk advises going to the Best Western for that, too. So the choice between the two (for price comparison the Westin is about $200 a night) comes down to a value proposition. Is the difference in price ($55 at Red Roof versus $70 at the Best Western) worth the inconveniences of schlepping across the parking lot to meet your needs? It wasn't for me on this cold, windy late-October evening.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We decided to stay at a Park and Fly hotel near Detroit Metro so we could get a little more sleep the night before an early morning flight. Waiting until the last minute, the Red Roof Inn was all that was available so we just decided it wasn't a big deal and took it anyways. The hotel clerk was really pleasant when we arrived and departed. My only problem was the room itself! This was the smallest hotel room I've ever seen in my life! The two beds were so small my husband barely fit in one and they were so close to each other. Basically, the only people that got any sleep were my kids. My husband slept off and on and I didn't sleep at all. The bed and close quarters made for a horrible night for me. The "continental" breakfast included coffee, mini muffins, and apples/oranges. That was a bit embarrassing if you ask me. The shuttle picked us up from the hotel on time and delivered us to the airport. When we arrived back in Detroit to pick up our vehicle we waited for over a half hour for the shuttle which didn't impress me much. Our vehicle was still sitting in the parking lot and we didn't see any damage so we were at least happy about that. All in all, I appreciated the business they gave us for the money spent but would never stay at this particular Red Roof Inn again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ckwitek
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have stayed in a lot of red roof inns for trip out of metro. The room was extremely nice and the staff extremely courteous and rapid to respond to a light out in my room. Only draw back was I missed breaksfast. My flight was early and the shuttle was prompt and I got to the airport in plenty of time

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
tonya m, General Manager at Travelodge Romulus Detroit Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear valued customer, Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us at the Redroof Inn in Romulus, Mi. I am very pleased that you found satisfaction in both our service and facilities. Maybe the next time you are in the area you will be able to enjoy our continental breakfast. I try to spend time in our lobby during the breakfast hours to mingle with our guests. It would be a pleasure to one day get the opportunity to do so with you. Hope to see you soon.

Tonya Manier

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We used the Red Roof Inn on a flight to Detroit Metro. It is very handy to the airport and nearby restaurants and shopping. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We used the free shuttle to the airport with no problems. Our room was a bit small for the 3 of us but everything worked and parking was really handy to our room. The rate was very fair for what we got.

Room Tip: Try the Wheat & Rye or Baldos restaurants when in the area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank randy1941
tonya m, Manager at Travelodge Romulus Detroit Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your review,your opinion about our hotel is highly appreciated.
We hope you will use our hotel in the near future for your lodging needs.
Please do not forget to check our highly competative rates including the PARK AND FLY PACKAGE which includes 7 days of parking and one night stay.

Tonya Manager
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I left another Red Roof Hotel to go to this one ... i found this place very good ....no problem's at all ... i liked the lay out of this one better ... felt safe as all the rooms are enclosed within the building .. the other Red Roof inn in Taylor had rooms that led to the street .. did not like one bit ... i didn;t try the breakfast .....the staff were very friendly especially Mike who was down to earth and helped when asked ... this was cheaper to ... all in all a nice place to stay that is affordable and close to the airport .... room service which is run by a private company was expensive

Room Tip: Make sure if staying for more than one night the A/C actually is working
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jay D

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us at the Redroof Inn Romulus. We are pleased to hear that our staff was able to meet your expectations. We continually strive to give each and every guest exceptional service. If you are in the Romulus, Michigan area again and need lodging please do not hesitate to contact us. It would be our pleasure to accommodate you again.

Sincerly,