“The Best Customer Service ever!!”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
“The Best Customer Service ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

The morning employee Pia always greets with a smile. I love the new breakfast. Rooms are always clean and the new bedding is a nice addition to the room. Im a Holland Driver so I need something quiet and clean. This hotel is perfect for me.

• Stayed November 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are very grateful for the continued USF Holland business so it's great to hear from you regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoy the recent changes we have made including our Grab and Go breakfast and new bedding. I appreciate you sharing your feedback. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel. The rooms were nice and clean bed was very comfortable. There was no dish detergent though to wash the dishes ....but that's minor. It was great and I'd stay there again. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience with the dish detergent. We do have some available at our front desk for guests as needed. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Deltona, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I booked this hotel at the last minute when I got stuck in Detroit with my 3 year old while trying to fly home from Ireland to Florida. I thought seeing as it was a bit more expensive than some others in the area that it would be a better stay. I was WRONG! When I called for a pick-up at the airport I was told the van doesn't run on the weekends????? When I explained that I was with a 3 year old I was told I could take the Marriot van and walk over. It was dark and I was not about to walk around in the dark with 3 bags and a kid in a stroller. I was able to get a nice Holiday Inn van driver to drop us at this hotel. When we checked in and went up to the room (next to the equipment room) I found an un-made room. Back down we went with our three bags. Finally got into the room....yucky. Not very clean and then I hear the train go by. Not a clean place, and who doesn't have a shuttle on the weekends at an AIRPORT hotel? I guess it was my own fault for not looking into that as while I was stranded in the airport with a small exhausted kid. I would never recommend this place to anyone. I ended up calling the Marriot next door at 4 am to see if they would come and drive us to the airport (because the van wasn't going to run until 7 on Monday morning) and they were nice enough to come get us. I should have stayed there, it may have cost more but at least it would be clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I received a copy of your review and I wanted to take the time to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the confusion you experienced when staying with us at our Metro Airport location. I completely understand your frustration about transportation. I apologize for the confusion and inconvienence it caused you. We do have a relationship with the Marriott next door for shuttle service on the weekends. I am sorry that did not work out as it should. The cleanliness issues you encountered are unacceptable. As a result of your feedback, I have met with the staff to ensure this is not repeated. I know the sound of planes overhead isn't always condusive to a good night's sleep and for that I am sorry as well. I can assure you that your experience was not the norm and I am so sorry for all the trouble you experienced once again. I do hope you will give Extended Stay Hotels another try in Michigan if not another of our locations across the country. Please reach out to us with any further questions or concerns.
Lebanon, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

When we work in the Detroit area, especially for a week-long+ term we stay at this ESA location. It's convenient to the airport and the expressways and there is room for our 40' fifth-wheel too.

The beds aren't luxurious, but they are comfortable. Having a large frig and basic kitchen tools is the biggest perk for us, It's a bit of a drive to the closest Meijer store, but the other ESA is not nearly as nice.

The staff is always helpful and can point us in the right direction. It's on a dead-end road and surprisingly quiet given the airport proximity.

Room Tip: East side rooms are easier to access from the parking lot with a back door.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. It's great to hear you stay with us often. Thank you so much for your business. We are happy to have you. I really appreciate all of your feedback. It's wonderful to hear that the location and amentities work so well for you. We strive to provide great guest service so I am encouraged to hear we did just that with you. Thank you again!
Wisconisn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Staying here for hubbys work for a month and this housekeeper is the BEST. Laurie is quick to offer new towels, refer things for followup as necessary to the appropriate departments as is Liz. Both are just amazing at the job they do. They make you feel at home away from home and if you need information on where to go for groceries etc. they know the area and can steer you in the right direction. Laurie has made my stay here less stressful by being like "family" to me away from home and making me feel comfortable during my stay here. She even helped me find and awesome mall, pet services and much more. Family came and moved into a room cleaned by the Jamaican lady and the room had sticky floors and a condom wrapper left under the bed, and the room wreaked of smoke odor. When Laurie does your room, your room WILL BE CLEAN and smell clean. She is FABULOUS!!

Room Tip: rooms on west side are noisier due to highway traffic as well as north end but double paned windows...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your positive review! It is so great to hear you are enjoying your stay and Laurie is taking such great care of you. We strive for an excellent guest experience and to hear it feels like a "home away from home" is music to our ears! Thank you for sharing!

I am going to look into the issues you mentioned with your family’s room as that is not our standard. I apologize for that. Thank you again for staying with us!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Dan was awsome. Even though we worked nights he accomdated us to what time was good for us to come do a repair.As well as the staff they were nice and friendly. I would refer this hotel to anyone. It's nice and clean,quite.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rositia s
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Rosita,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am so happy to hear that Dan took such good care of you. He is indeed a great maintenance engineer. It’s rewarding to know that Dan and the rest of the staff met and exceeded your expectations. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I am on the road traveling 250-300 days a year. For the price this is as good as it gets. Great management, if you have a problem they will help you find solutions. The staff was friendly, helpful, and courteous. The rooms are well designed for extended stays.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Don H
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you very much for the feedback on your stay at our Extended Stay America – Metro Airport. I appreciate hearing that our staff took great care of you and helped with all of your needs. It’s always great to hear a road warrior like you is happy with our product, our services and our staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!