“Comfortable & convenient”

Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Lebanon, Tennessee
“Comfortable & convenient”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed over a week here and will be back next week for business again on the CLC card.. Much nicer than the 2 hotels on Middlebelt. Wanda and her staff are very helpful and found us an extra pan when we needed one. We really like the end of the street location behind the Airlines parking lot because we can park our 40' fifth-wheel nearby - NOT in the hotel lot, but close. EZ access from both MIddlebelt Rd & Merriman Rd via Smith road north of the freeway.

We'll use THIS hotel every time we come to the DTW area - whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I like to stay in these types of hotels for longer stays because they have a full kitchen. As in the title this is a decent hotel but needs a remodel badly. I cover a lot of ground in my reviews so try to keep up. I guess all Michigan hotels, restaurants, etc went smoke free in May 2010. My room was on the 3rd floor and as soon as I stepped out I smelled cigeratte smoke. Not leaving a good impression right off the bat. The room keys are VingCard's. Another give away this hotel is old. The room itself is ok. At least upgrade the shower head to a new modern one instead of the old 90's vintage ones. The bathroom looks very dated. What's up with having to pay for the internet also? ($4.99 per week and it's not very good) That alone will cause me not to come back here. A fresh coat of paint, LCD TV and yes...a $15 shower head would do wonders for this room. I learned my lesson. For extended stays stick with Country Inn & Suites (Carlson hotels) and Candlewood Suites (IC Hotels Group 'Holiday Inn', etc). If you need a place for the night right next to Detroit Metro Airport Extended Stay is ok but for longer stays avoid it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I booked this 2-star hotel on Hotwire for a place to stay near DTW airport before I flew out early the next morning. The hotel doesn't look that great from the outside, but was OK on the inside. The rooms were nice and large with a small kitchen area. The bathroom and kitchen area were both updated and clean. The bed was not that great, but not horrible either. I was able to get a good night sleep and made my flight on time which was the main point of staying here.

I would be OK with staying here again if I got a very good rate or booked on Hotwire. If I was staying more than 1 night near the airport, I would probably not stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Hartford City, IN
Reviewed June 23, 2008

This is an excellent hotel for staying overnight before and after overseas trips.
The rooms are clean and the staff is excellent.
Park and ride is as convenient and reasonable as anywhere at Detroit metro Airport.
When we returned from our overseas trip, two weeks later the reservation clerk asked us how our trip was, and even remembered the details about our trip!
We needed some local advice, and it was given and fully correct.
The bob Evans restaurant one block down the street offers good food at a reasonable price, although the fine kitchenette allows one to bring his own conveniently.

• Liked — Staff and facilities
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Travelers also viewed these Romulus hotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Romulus
Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport
Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport
Days Inn Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Comfort Inn Metro Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Metropolitan Airport? Share your experiences!