Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$102
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mary D, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We chose the hotel for a park/fly package. The front desk staff was a little tired when we got there. Not rude, but not the most pleasant reception we have ever had. The staff on our return to pick up the car were great!
We were told to call the hotel when we returned so they could get the car. That was a long distance call for us since we were not from the area, and it sounded like we didn't need to call at all. That was an annoying call that will cost us long distance and roaming charges!
The hotel itself seems tired and dated and the curtains on our window would not close sufficiently to block the outside lights from reflecting off our wall leaving us bathed in a soft glowing light all night. Still, not the worst hotel I've seen.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mary D, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. We apologize if it was not clear that the pick up phone call could be made from the courtsey phones located at the baggage area. I will be sure to redirect our staff to be clear on the information guests are receiving. We will look forward to your return visit the next time that you are flying out and I will be more than happy to assist you with your reservations.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at about a dozen Best Westerns last year, there was some variance as to the standards of each, but over all ok.

I had a night to spent at Detroit airport before flying back out of town, I stayed at the BEST WESTERN Gateway International Hotel, it was by far the worse BEST WESTERN that i have stayed in. The interior looks like it hasn't been touched since the 70's, though the rooms have been renovated.

The layout can be very confusing depending on which part you are in and quite far from an entrance, which with significant luggage was a real pain.

After my stay here I have questioned booking BW hotels that I have no seen in person before.

There are plenty of other hotels in this area, stay in one of those!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Daniel B
Mary D, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are sorry that you were not happy with your stay. We are currently in the process of some exciting new changes not only in the guest rooms, but in our public areas as well. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve your hospitality needs.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I am hoping this email gets in the right hands. I made my reservation on the 13th when my flight was cancelled in Detroit. I was waiting for the shuttle to take me to the hotel at about 11:30pm. The shuttle never came. I called the hotel and they told me that I should never have been able to be booked. They told me that they cancelled my room and I would not be charged. I did not stay at the hotel, I slept on the floor at the airport. I really hope that I am not charged for the night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nancy L

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. As I am not able to search our records with limited information, please contact me directly at the property and I will be more than happy to investigate any charges. We apologize sincerely for the inconvience and look forward to resolving this issue.