“Tired old hotel that needs an update” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport

Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Romulus
London, Canada
“Tired old hotel that needs an update”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Advertised 100% non-smoking. Had to be moved from 1st room due to being VERY smoky. Extremely dated decor, tiny bathroom, noisy, breeze under door. Good valet parking service for DTW. Sad, older hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms near pool are noisy because of constant foot traffic past the room, so choose something away f...
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Monroe, Michigan, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have stayed at other Best western hotels. This particular one, located by the airport however, I cannot rave about it. Now, the room was very clean, staff was good, the meal we ordered from the restaurant, was excellent. The poolside room was terrible, there were teenagers and kids running up and down the halls all night, the hot tub had way too many people in it, spilling the water over. I was able to get in only once. My daughter could swim only once, the water she said was cold. We had went on a leisure trip, for valentines week, to swim and have fun. I was irritated the entire time, and kept us in our room. I checked out early at about 9:30 when we still had time, because i was so disappointed. Will not stay here again, unless it improved. I did notify this hotel about my disappointments, and they did listen and document it, and apologized.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The receptionist hardly looked at me during the check-in time and didn't smile once! She didn't even wish me a pleasant stay. There was no one else in the lobby so it wasn't as if she was too stressed or so either, it wasn't late at night (5 pm) and I was not having anymore request but a crib at my room. Don't know what her problem was. When I hadn't got my crib yet at 8 pm I called down to the reception again to renew my request, it arrived after 30 minutes. The other receptionist that wasn't any better. Going to swim with my four kids in the pool, I was waiting to get a wrist band at the desk while she ignored me and checked in people that wasn't even in the lobby when I got there. Some of the sheets were dirty but got new ones in a hurry (did put them on myself though). Pool was freezing cold and so was the air around since it basically is in the lobby. The breakfast was okay, but the breakfast host Ivan was fantastic. The rest of the staff has a lot to learn from him regarding service mindedness!! Thank you Ivan for making sure we got great service at least the last hour we were at this hotel!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The staff was very professional and courteous. The hotel is dated, but clean. The "restaurant" is below average. I ordered a steak which they were out of. I ended up with the roast beef which was very dry and over cooked. Veggies were cold. Wine was subpar but it was my first "meal" of the day and I was hungry. Would recommend eating some place else. I was just happy to have a room since my flight was canceled!

• Stayed February 2013
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel is near the airport and popular for crew, park n' fly, and 1 nighters. The entire place is run like a factory...get you what you need and get out. The rooms were perfectly fine, smallish, fine beds, small toilet/shower area, but has everything you need. The staff were not overly friendly....but again, there job is to get you in and out and to the airport in time. And no complaints there. The indoor pool was freezing, lots of kids running around and very noisy. The gift shop sold snacks, pop, etc...prices were outrageous. Wouldn't pay more than $100 including a week of parking.

Clarington, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

THe hotel, staff, breakfast and hot tub were great, as was the room. The tv reception was poor and the fitness room was a separate key and then some of the equipment required a magnet that had to be signed out. The equpiment that remained was in poor shape. The best item in the fitness room was the t.v. which was a lot clearer than the one in our room. I think next time we will try to stay at the BW closer to Detroit.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western