“In search of a different business hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have been a regular here for 15 years. All has been good until this trip. As airline crew on my own time/dime certain things matter. The old policy of requesting a late checkout when checking in is gone. Now wake up and call in the morning. Pointless for my needs. This hotel has always been crew friendly, again until this trip. I called after a IROP for a room. Told there were 3 left, but the price was 3x's normal. No crew rate was avail per the manager. 15 years of loyalty dismissed. I am in search of another business hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 4, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've stayed at many Baymonts before and have always been completely satisfied. This time, I was not. The desk clerk was not helpful and downright rude. She tried to scam me (and succeeded) with their package for Airlines Parking. I specifically asked for this package when I made my reservations. She told me that I would be leaving my car in the Baymont lot. It is an unsecured lot. After haggling back and forth, she agreed to give me the voucher but I ended up paying extra. The package was for $89 for one night of lodging and 7 days of airport parking. I ended up paying $129 for one night and 7 days of airport parking (I thought). When we returned from our trip, the attendant and the airlines parking booth said we owed her $8. I will NEVER stay here again. And I will make sure to tell everyone I know not to either.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The rooms and the property were good for the price, but what gives this Hotel a 4.5 in my opinion is the staff, especially the desk clerk Alicia. She went over and above the call of duty to make sure we were accommodated. Thanks Alicia!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The room smelled so bad of cigarette smoke and the halls were just as bad we could not even stay their. The originally refused to give us a refund till I pointed out the on line refund policy. Nasty hotel and we travel alot and I usually don't leave reviews. Rough looking guests, Be careful and use caution if you stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Travelers also viewed these Romulus hotels
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Radisson Hotel Detroit Metro Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Romulus
Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus

Address: 9000 Wickham Rd, Romulus, MI 48174-1922
Location: United States > Michigan > Romulus
Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Price Range: $70 - $105 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus 2*
Finishing all inside renovations Oct 2017 and outside Nov 2017, you will feel right at home at the brand new Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus hotel. Located just two miles from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, our location near Motor City makes it easy to get to popular attractions like the Henry Ford Museum and Comerica Park. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Detroit Airport/Romulus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Baymont Inn Romulus Airport Hotel Romulus