“Very nice stay by DTW”

Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I arrived late in the night and decided to drive to my destination the followiing morning. This hotel is very comfortable with a great staff. The beda are nice and the room is silent. I plan to stay here again next time I am in the area.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I have recently started staying at Hilton Gardens when I travel for the simple reason that I always know what to expect. The rooms are laid out pretty much the same, they always have a coffee maker, the beds are comfortable, and it's at a fair price. Equally important is the gathering place in the lobby. I always enjoy having a place to sit and relax without having to look for a restaurant way from the hotel when I am on a business trip. Can't beat the location for the proximity to the airport. Only five minutes to arrive at the airport.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The hotel was very clean and had more to offer than I was expecting. The lobby was very welcoming with the bar, television and complementary water, coffee and snacks. The outside of the hotel was also a very relaxing atmosphere. I spent time on the furnature outside watching the planes come in to the airport. The only issue I had was the bed being very uncomfortable, otherwise that was easily looked over.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We checked in to the Hilton Garden Inn at the Detroit Metro Airport. The hotel is no more than 5 minutes from the airport and very easy to find.

Check in was uneventful and the front desk personnel were very nice. We immediately went to the business center to check on a few things and it was well equipped and everything worked well.

Our room had two double beds and they were both comfortable. The bathroom was good size and was very clean.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. We were 20 minutes from Ann Arbor and 20 minutes from Comerica Park where we were going to a ballgame. That made the stay very uneventful.

Housekeeping had our room clean for our second night and everything went well. Checkout was smooth without any issues.

Because of our schedule we did not use the restaurant, but it looked much like any Hilton Garden Inn we have stayed at.

If ever in Detroit again, we will stay here.

Room Tip: High room away from front is quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Nice place to stay for business trips I stay at this same hotel a couple times a month - I have asked for extra coffee and sugar in my room. I leave the do not disturb sign up during my stay and would just like coffee for the mornings that I do not have the room cleaned - whereas I don't receive coffee. Most front desks clerks are as friendly as can be - very nice - on the other hand the midnight guy always wants to charge me a dollar for each coffee that I ask for. If I am staying for two nights - three mornings - I would like six coffee's left in my room - two for each morning - so it really is not costing the hotel any extra dollars. Thank you for your time

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was a very pleasant hotel experience. I chose the hotel because I had a seminar located at this site. However, if I am ever in the Detroit Metro area in the future, I would recommend it as a place to stay.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The hotel is clean and user friendly. Everything worked fine. The heater makes a little more noise than I like and the planes from DTW fly around the area. Because I flew into DTW and needed to go to Canada for business, the hotel was convenient.