“Business Stay at Detroit”

Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Memphis, Tennessee
“Business Stay at Detroit”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here in Nov. 2012 and again in April 2013. Both times were great. I check in early both times and my room was available. The rooms are very clean and good size. The location is great for a business traveler, the airport is about 1 mile away and if you have meetings at Ford or other large companies, then you are close by as well. The fitness center and pool were great and not crowded. I was the only one in the pool. I had drinks downstairs in the lobby and the bartender was awesome...she made great drinks and would strike up a conversation with you. I had breakfast included in the stay which to me was great. I had to eat and then go and it was not crowded and I was able to get in and out quickly. I would highly recommend this hotel to business travelers and maybe families on vacation. There are plenty of places nearby to eat at and not sure what the rates are downtown but if you can save a little bit of money by staying here then you may want to look into it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Trusted the Hilton-branded hotels for years and expected a better, more relaxing experience than my recent stay afforded. The public spaces are nice, albeit a bit cluttered while trying to offer that "warm and fuzzy" feeling. Room 132 leaves much to be desired, as it is next to a Mechanical Room and across from an Employee's Only door. You'll be treated to a constant hum/buzz all night and be awoken by inappropriately loud employees. Plus, the internet connectivity on the first floor (a known issue according to the front desk) is awful! The Garden Sleep system is tricky and there are no instructions in the room. Did I mention the bathroom, complete with spider/web and the tub spigot pulling out of the wall and bathroom door which would not close properly. We made the front desk aware of our issues and the desk agent was quite pleasant, seemed genuinely concerned about our satisfaction and easily moved us to Suite/Room 420. Stepping off the elevator, we immediately noticed a houseman lounging about talking with a housekeeper (not a great first impression for the new room). The internet connectivity on the 4th floor was no better, nor was the noise from the employees in the early morning. In addition, we had to deal with a loud/rattling ac/heat unit that sounded like it was coming off the wall. And the mini frig froze everything inside. Unfortunately, this was not what I expected of a Hilton-branded property. I did not experience the relaxation or serenity of the implied garden-like atmosphere. What a shame that I was in town on business and was not well-rested for my Sat and Sun morning meetings. If you are staying on a reward system, get a great rate of about $50.00 a night, or simply don't care where you lay your head when flying in and back out - this might be the place for you. However, my experience with this specific property will make me think twice before booking another Hilton Garden Inn. Here's hoping you have a better experience!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Joe F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
On behalf of the management and staff we’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. At the same time we are disappointed to learn of your mixed feelings, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, which is our brand promise. Our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Overall good location. Room was decent. Breakfast service could be better. Sleep quality was average because of proximity to airport. ATM in the lobby is convenient. Plenty of parking. Serving dinner in the restaurant is a good idea.

Room Tip: None in particular
1 Thank RSR_srini
Walton, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The staff here are very helpful and will go out of their way to accomodate your requests. The rooms are clean and the lobby is very inviting. 24 hour access to coffee in the lobby is a plus! The shuttle will pick you up at the airport and their are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I usually enjoy staying at Hilton Garden Inns but this one was just too noisy. The planes fly directly over the hotel and the windows don't do much to block out the sound. I have stayed at many airport hotels but this is the first one where the noise was really bad. The hotel itself is very good. The rooms were clean, the staff were friendly and the restaurant had good food, but if you want to get any sleep, you might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Joe F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the disruptive noises coming from the airport. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options to prevent this from happening. Your comfort is very important to us and we will make the necessary changes so that our future guests do not have to deal with this issue.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.
New Berlin, WI
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our room was clean, the staff was friendly and very competent, the Internet was fast and easily accessible. The breakfast was WONDERFUL. The breakfast staff and cook could not have been better! They seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs and wanted to ensure we had everything we wanted. We actually went back to our room to get more cash for a larger tip.

The towels were soft and plentiful. The jets do fly overhead but this is right by the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice facility and staff is accomadating and friendly. The food is good which is important because dining options around the hotel are sparse. The wireless internet was an issue as I was kicked-off a few times. I've stayed here before and had simialr issues w/ the wireless internet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business