Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport
$71
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $83/night.

$81
Free cancellation until 06/03
$94
Hotels.com
$127
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

Free cancellation until 06/01
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 06/01
$122
$98
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanbusiness tripbreakfast staffdetroit metro airportnext morningvery nice hotelconvenient locationwould stay here againrental carshuttle serviceqwik parkfree breakfastan early morning flightpark and flyhgilobby
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Delta Airlines placed me overnight in this hotel. Front desk staff was very attentive and friendly. Room was clean with very comfortable queen bed. The entire hotel property seemed to be in excellent condition. The on-site restaurant - Great American Grill - provided an excellent meal at a reasonable price. The barman and waitstaff were very friendly. All-in-all an excellent experience. A first for me - the shuttle bus driver handled out chilled bottles of water at the airport.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I spent one night at this hotel on a business trip. Generally I am a fan of Hilton properties, especially the Hilton Garden Inn format. This hotel comes-in, at best, "average".

Best things first: I made multiple calls to the hotel before my visit. All were attended promptly, efficiently and professionally. After meeting the front desk staff I understand: grest professional people doing a good job.

My preassigned room had an air conditioning problem. I called for help, received a prompt visit from the on-duty mechanic who reset the thermostat to exactly the way I found it that didn't work. Being late, I opted to change rooms which was done efficiently and with no hassle. The second room's AC worked fine.

One of two elevators didn't work (6-story hotel). Stairwells were dirty. Rooms are large with comfortable beds, but "tired" decorations. Amenities: typically HGI good.

Breakfast was another matter. At 08:00 the only available tables were dirty. After bussing and cleaning one myself, the breakfast was actually quite good. Upon leaving I couldn't get the attention of a wait-person. I finally gave-up and left. (Is this the way to treat guests?)

Room Tip: Get a room on a floor low enough you can climb the stairs rather than wait for an elevator.
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Used this for a quick stopover between flights at Detroit airport. Room was clean and very comfortable. Front desk was nice. Free airport shuttle. Staff was nice at the bar/restaurant. Was able to get pizza delivered - recommended by staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for the first time, and was pleasantly surprised. Having spent most my stays in Michigan either at the Westin (DTW) or in the outlying suburbs, I decided it was time to try something new. My rating is in relation to other value chains.

Pros: Great service in the dining area, especially in the morning (kudos to Dennis!). Food was the biggest surprise for me, good selection and prepared nicely. Lobby area is small but not cramped, nicely appointed and functional for check-in, dining, or a beer/wine. Rooms were decent size, and good selection of tv channels (LCD). Workout area had nice equipment (but maintenance not so great, see below).

Cons: Maintenance in general. Only one elevator was functional during my stay, which created long wait times (but easily cured for me by taking stairs). Not a large issue in itself but noteworthy as it seems thematic for this hotel. The gym needed attention as both treadmills seemed inoperable and the eliptical was missing a handle (which another guest said had been the case for one month). The climate control in my room was functional, but slightly loud for a wall mounted unit. Speaking of noise, if you're an extremely light sleeper (not myself), you may focus on the incoming planes as this location is directly in the flight path and the windows do not seem adequately designed for the location. Last but not least in my book, the water pressure in the shower was equivalent to a watering can.

In Summary: Great value for one or two night stints. The dining and service pushed this from average to very good for me. I tend to put a lot of weight behind those two aspects, as they are becoming increasingly neglected these days.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here before catching our flight. Very reasonable room rate through Priceline. Very clean hotel. We arrived late and left early so we didn't get to see their amenities. Hot breakfast available for $10......quite a lot to choose from. The gentleman that runs the dining area was very nice. We were leaving for our honeymoon and he comped our breakfasts. Very nice and appreciated. All staff that we encountered were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. Only minor complaint was that it was hard to find the hotel off the main drag of Romulus......the street sign is very hidden.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple