“Decent food but wouldn't really call it a sports bar”

Sporting News Grill
Ranked #30 of 81 Restaurants in Romulus
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed right next door to the Sporting News Grill and did carry out the first night and had fajita's which were very good. Our only complaint was they only gave 4 very small wraps and enough food for 4-5 medium wraps. It would be nice if they gave either more or bigger wraps.
Since we were in the area on business and tired we decided to eat there again on Thursday night and ate in that night. We were very disappointed as we were expecting a sports bar and they had maybe 5 TV's hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the dining area and 4 above the bar. Two of the TV's weren't even on sports.I was very disappointed and probably wouldn't go back to eat inside. As far as the food goes I ordered a burger and it was big but really lacked any flavor which is another reason I would think twice before going back.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Attentive and friendly staff. Good food. Good value.
I've eaten here several times and each has been consistently good.
The apple walnut salad is a good choice... Good sized portion and healthy.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This us your average sports bar chain restaurant with good service and poor food. I had the nachos don't bother.

Garyt2963, General Manager at Sporting News Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Lori B,
I am very sorry to hear your meal was not up to par, it is our policy that if our guests are not satisfied with service, food or any part of your dining experience that the staff is empowered to take the necessary steps to make it right.
I personally invite you back, for one give us another try and two to make it right. Please accept my apology, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Waitress was ok at first, but then her boyfriend im guessing came in for dinner while she was working ... Well food came out wrong . My wife ordered onion rings not fries and no peppers on her cheese steak . Most waitress writes down orders so they don't mess up but not here ... and had to ask for ketchup multiple times there was maybe ten people in the restaurant . Service was very poor . She was definitely more interested in her boyfriend than her job ...

Jake C
Please accept my apology, It really bothers me to hear about your experience. Please contact me the next time you're in the are, i would like to further discuss and get more information regarding this situation

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I never expect much from hotel restaurants. This is the exception. The food is pretty good and prices are very reasonable. The menu is extensive. Good choice for a busy business traveler.

Jake C,
Please accept my apology, It really bothers me to hear about your experience. Please contact me the next time you return to the area, I would like to discuss and get more information regarding this situation.