“Great stay!”

Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
“Great stay!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I had an early flight so we stayed here the night before. I am an IHG rewards member for work so I always stay at IHG hotels if in can. This one seems nearly new and couldn't have been more convenient. We did the park and fly option and basically left our car in the lot for a week for $10. The shuttle picks you right up and takes you to the airport minutes away. The rooms were fresh and clean. Breakfast isn't included but the hotel restaurant was superfast and the food was just fine. Couldn't be happier.
We we got back to our car after our trip late Saturday night (3/22), My wife realized that she had lost her winter coat and we determined she must have left it in the hotel lobby the morning of our flight.. We went back in the hotel and talked to the guys at the front desk who weren't very helpful and basically said that housekeeping was closed and they couldn't help us with anything lost and found. I explained that we lived 2 1/2 hours away and it would be really cool if they could just quit being morons and open the lost and found closet. They said I had to call back between 8-5.
Fast forward to Monday (3/24). I called a very nice and helpful young lady at the front desk and described the coat. With-in minutes she had the coat and said she would ship it to us. It arrived at my office the FedEx the next day!!!
So happy there are good people in this world. Especially at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here 3 days for business and enjoyed the stay. Nice modern rooms, good restaurant attached with good service. Great location, parking and service. Nice having a trouble free stay. My only small complaint is the bathroom smells a little like cigarette smoke? Not sure if prior guests smoked in there or if housekeeping does but it was a bit of a turn off. Other than that the place is great and will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
London Ont.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

New, clean, great staff - no negatives. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The lobby, pool and gym were great. Restaurant attached to the hotel. Rooms were quiet with no highway or plane noise

• Stayed March 2014
Cheboygan, Michigan
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here the night before our flight in February. I cannot begin to say how wonderful everyone was. To begin with, I had broken my leg a couple of days before the trip and was not able to get around very well or carry any luggage. Before I was able to ask for some assistance, the women who was checking us in said "you are going to need some help, where are you parked" and went outside with my wife and helped her load everything on to a cart and assisted us in getting it up the the room.

Later coming out of the elevator, I lost my balance (still learning how to walk on crutches) and fell to the floor, immediately there was 2 gentlemen there to help me up and offer their assistance.

In the morning, we got to the lobby to catch the shuttle the airport, we had to make 2 trips the gentleman behind the counter noticed and offered to help my wife with luggage and even to go back to the room and assist with anything that was left.

I have to say that I was very concerned about traveling with limited mobility and not accustomed to asking for help, but the Holiday Inn management and staff sure helped to make our stay enjoyable and was a great start to our vacation.

My sincere thanks to all of you!!!!

And by the way, room was very comfortable and restaurant was wonderful as well. Highly...highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I just completed a stay at the Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport. This is NOT the Express Holiday Inn, which is close by. Reservations were made through our business site and we were greeted with our reservations waiting. Check-in was quick and easy, with information about the hotel being detailed to me, including internet code. Upon entering the room, you had to place your key in an activator in order to run lights, heat and the like. This was a bit of a pain as it was extremely cold and after a day out on business you'd return to a room at 65 degrees, but the heat was very efficient and quiet and quickly heated the room up upon reactivating the system. All in all the conservation efforts associated with this made it feel okay to deal with. That said the hotel appeared new and it showed throughout with clean modern rooms. Television and internet were great, bath products fine, noting I only had a walk in shower, with glass doors, but plenty of room. Towels were comfortable and lots of them. Water pressure was good, plenty of hot water came quickly and the heat was quiet when running and the thermostat seemed spot on with the what the room heated to. I found the rooms to be quiet, the elevator was quick to come. The business center in the lobby had two Windows computers and two Mac computers, with printers attached. The attached restaurant was a great meeting spots, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and was lively at night with beer/drink specials and good selections. The pool was nice, along with the fitness center. Lastly the shuttle was a nice benefit providing free transportation to both the DTW airport (5 minute drive) and area restaurants. The staff never blinked at driving myself and others in my business group to where we wanted to go and meet us afterwards. We did tip accordingly. I have to return next week and have already booked this same hotel. The significance here is there are a ton of hotels all around this area of every variety and price point you'd want. This hotel is worth the price and competitive for sure, but I think surpasses by what it delivers.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TINAG8400, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent response to our survey. We are pleased that we can provide you with the service you deserve. We are glad that you enjoy our amenities. We are also happy that you took the time to experience what we have to offer, from our Restaurant, to our 24hr pool, but not limited to our freshly baked cookies, and our signature gym. We are pleased you chose us to be your home away from home. We look forward to accommodating you and providing you with exemplary service each and every time you return. Latina Green Front Office Manager
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We always stay here when we have a early morning flight from Detroit Metro. It's clean, comfortable and quiet. The park and fly program plus the shuttle is great. Pleasant hotel staff and parking shuttle drivers!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hello cheryl2043

Thank you for your recent review. We really appreciate your comments. Thanks for choosing us to be your home away from home. We look forward to your future visits. We are pleased that we can accommodate your needs while providing you with exemplary service. Thanks again. Latina Green Front Office Manager
NJ
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Fine stop for location close to airport. Room quiet, comfortable. Large bathroom, reasonable rates. Extensive fitness center, close to restaurants. Hard to beat for "close to airport" location. Helpful front desk team, check-in, check-out, directions. This area is loaded with hotels. This Holiday Inn actually shares a parking lot with Marriott! Nice touch was refrigerator in room, so shopped at local Kroger and avoided a restaurant meal with something actually fresh and possibly good for me!

Room Tip: I was on third floor and very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hello Jnjtiger

We appreciate your recent review. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our property as the one you prefer. We are diligently working on ways to improve and your reviews are a sure fire way to let us know that our efforts have not gone unnoticed. We hope you continue to be a guest with us, and we look forward to your future stay. Thanks again. Latina Green Front Office Manager